Going on holiday - useful hints and tips
Nobody wants their holiday disrupted, but if the worst happens your Ultimate Reward Current Account is here to help. Here are some tips to help you stay safe and how we can support you when you need us most.
If you have an accident on holiday call us first!
Call us first on +44 208 763 4826 and let us help you:
- We have local knowledge of medical facilities to guide you to appropriate assistance
- Multi-lingual staff available 24/7 to speak direct to local medics
- Payment to hospitals/clinics can be made directly so you are not out of pocket
- Any medical claims that are not reported and authorised may not be covered.
If you are taken by ambulance to a hospital following an emergency call, you or a companion should call us as soon as possible once you have been admitted to hospital.
For non medical emergencies
Call us first on +44 208 769 4826 before you try to locate help, so we can guide you to the safest and most appropriate source of treatment.
We're here to help
From the backstreets of Goa to the beaches of Marbella, if you need medical help whilst abroad, we're here to guide you to the right treatment.
Before you go:
1. Check the Foreign & Commonwealth Offices website travel advice pages for the country you are visiting.
2. If you are travelling within the European Economic Area get a free European Health Insurance Card for free or reduced cost emergency care. You will still need travel insurance though.
3. Check with your doctor to see if you need any vaccinations for the country you are visiting.
4. Make sure you have got the correct visas for the country you are visiting and that your passport is valid.
5. Save our helpline number +44 208 763 4826 to your mobile phone before you go away.
When you're away:
- Always check that the tap water is drinkable before drinking.
- Avoid raw or under-cooked food.
- Don't leave your personal baggage or valuables unattended at any time, especially at airports and hotels (valuables must be kept in a fixed, locked place). Use safety deposit boxes whenever they're available.
- The sun abroad can be much stronger than you're used to at home. To prevent sunburn and sunstroke always apply protective creams regularly.
- Always retain all receipts for medical expenses.
- Report losses/thefts to the Police immediately and obtain a written report.