Protect your property. Protect your tenants. Protect your investment.

Are you a landlord who rents out residential properties? Or perhaps you rent out offices, shops or properties for commercial use. Whatever the size of your portfolio, we can help you protect your property and your rental income – plus lots more.

We work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, who will search a panel of insurers to get you a quote.

Who needs landlord insurance?
Many people assume that home insurance policies provide adequate protection for landlords, but this isn’t always the case. Being a landlord involves a lot of responsibility and you’ll often need cover that’s not included in a standard homeowner’s policy. We’ve put together 10 top tips to help you be a great landlord.

Imagine how you’d feel if your property got damaged and your tenants had to move out. You’d lose rental income but you’d still be liable to pay the mortgage, if you have one. This is why some mortgage companies insist that you have a dedicated landlord insurance policy in place.

Landlord Insurance features

Get cover for a number of properties. Rather than covering each home individually, you can have all your properties on one policy and if you buy another property in the future you’ll be able to add this to your existing policy which means one policy number and one renewal date.

  • Insure all of your properties on a single policy
  • Only pay for the cover you need
  • Get advice and support from UK based landlord insurance specialists

Ready to get a quote? Want Advice?

Call on 01384 862645

Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

Choose the right cover

Types of cover

What’s covered


If your property is damaged and has to be repaired or rebuilt due to an insured event, such as vandalism or storms.

Landlord’s content

Household items that you have provided for your tenants, such as soft furnishings or appliances, if they are damaged or destroyed by an insured event.

Property owner’s liability

You’re protected if a person is injured or if there’s damage to their property as a result of your negligence.

Loss of rent

Your cash flow is protected if, after an insured event such as flood or fire, your tenants stop paying rent or have to move out. If your tenants do have to move out, the costs of arranging alternative accommodation on their behalf is also covered.

Accidental Damage

Accidental damage to the building and its fixtures and fittings. For example, if you or your tenants accidentally smash a window or drop something and crack a sink.

Subsidence, landslip and heave

Damage to your property as a result of a movement in the ground supporting your property.

Employer’s liability

You’re protected if an employee is injured or dies as a result of your negligence.

Legal expenses

Your legal expenses in proceedings, such as contract disputes, debt recovery and evicting squatters.

Why do landlords claim?

What are the issues facing landlords?

Find out more

Is home insurance enough if you are a landlord?

What’s the difference between landlord and home insurance?

Find out more

How to avoid problem tenants

See our tips on finding the right tenants.

Find out more

Get a quote

It only takes a few minutes to get a quote, just call 01384 862645 for advice and support from insurance specialists who will help you get the cover you need.

Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.

Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc, and is an introducer to Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who arrange and administer Halifax Business Insurance Services and source products from a panel of insurers.

Bank of Scotland plc, registered in Scotland No. SC327000, Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register number 169628.