Transfer your ISA
Looking to transfer your ISA from another provider? There are loads of benefits and we've made it as simple as we possibly can.
- ISAs to suit your saving style
- Takes only 5 minutes to set up online
- We’ll sort out the rest and you’ll earn interest from day one (Provided the funds are free to move)
Step 1 - start by opening a new ISA account
You'll need to open a Halifax ISA to transfer into. If you already have an account skip straight to step 2, below.
Step 2 - Transfer your funds
The process for transferring is slightly different depending on whether you're already registered for Halifax Online Banking or not.
Transfer your ISA using Online Banking
- You will need the account number and sort code of the account you’re transferring from
- Sign into Online Banking
- View the ISA you wish to transfer to
- In the account overview screen click on the Transfer an existing ISA link above the interest rate
- Complete the form and we'll do the rest.
Not registered? Register now for Online Banking.
New customers or not registered for Online Banking
If you’re not already registered for Online Banking, register now to transfer your ISA and take advantage of all the additional benefits.
- Note down the account numbers and sort codes of your current ISA and your new Halifax ISA
- You will also need your national insurance number
- Complete the online form and we'll take care of the rest. That's it.
If you’re transferring a stocks and shares ISA from another provider you need to print, sign and post the request to us, so please make sure you have access to a printer before completing the form.