Apply for a CFD Account
CFD trading typically requires the deposit of a small percentage of the total trade value. As the financial outcome is determined by the price movement on the total trade value, profits and losses can quickly exceed the initial deposit. Ensure you understand the risks as these products are not suitable for everyone.
Halifax CFDs provide an execution only service and does not give any advice in relation to investments. If you are in doubt as to whether trading CFDs is suitable for you, we recommend you seek advice from a suitably qualified Financial Advisor.
Halifax CFDs does not receive any commission from any third parties in relation to accounts which are opened through this website.
Before contemplating opening an account please ensure that you have familiarised yourself with the benefits and risks associated with the products. In particular, ensure that you have read and understood our Terms and Policies before opening an account and trading with us.
If you are sure that CFD trading is for you and you wish to proceed further, please read and accept the statements below.
- I confirm that I understand that trading on margin using CFDs facilitates larger trades than conventionally settled, full-value trading
- I confirm that I understand that trading on margin involves making an initial deposit to open a position and the obligation to meet running losses in full accordance with the Halifax CFDs customer agreement
- I confirm that I understand that I can lose more than any initial deposit placed to open a trade (when using a Deposit Account)
- I confirm that I understand that CFDs reference to different underlying financial instruments exhibit different performance characteristics and that the volatility of the instrument is a key determinant of the potential profit or loss
- I confirm that I understand that Halifax CFDs offers an execution only service
- I confirm that I understand the risks associated with trading CFDs and that I consider these products to be suitable for me
Your investments and any income from CFDs can go down as well as up. You can quickly lose more than your initial deposit. Please make sure you understand the risks. CFDs may not be suitable for everyone.
I accept the above statements. I can confirm that I am aware of the benefits and risks associated with the products offered and have read and understood the Terms and Policies.