Let's get started
If you're an existing Halifax customer, you can:
Switching is extra easy
You'll be up and running in 3 simple steps.
- Apply for an account
- Complete our switching form
- We’ll switch your account in 7 working days
How the 7 working day switching process works
Apply for a new current account and switch.
Complete our switching form.
You can still use your old account and use your new Halifax account.
We'll transfer payments from your old account to your new Halifax account.
Switch complete. We close your old account and move any funds to your Halifax account.
We'll move your payments for you
- Incoming payments, e.g. your salary.
- Outgoing payments, e.g. bills.
- Direct debits, e.g. an internet bill.
- Standing order, e.g. paying money into a savings account.
- Money in your account, e.g. if your account has a £500 balance then we will transfer £500 into your new account.
You can choose the date you want to switch.
Keep in mind
If any payments go to your old account after the switch.
No need to worry, we will arrange for any payments made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new Halifax account for up to 36 months.
If something goes wrong.
You're covered by the Current Account Switch Guarantee. If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
About the Current Account Switch Guarantee
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.