Terms and conditions.
To qualify for the £50 part of the switching offer you must use the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ and meet the following conditions:
- Switch into an open new or existing Reward Current Account, Ultimate Reward Current Account (£17 monthly maintaining the account fee), or an existing Current Account (no longer on sale).
- Transfer your payment arrangements from your old bank account to us and close the old account.
- Start your switch by the 25th of June 2019.
To qualify for the additional payment of £85 in the first 6 calendar months from your switch date you must:
- Have successfully met all requirements above and been paid the £50 switching offer.
- Fund your switched account with at least £1,500 each calendar month.
- Use your switched account’s debit card to pay for something (either contactless, chip and pin or online)
- Register for paper-free correspondence and statements.
You are not eligible for the offer if:
- You are switching to a Basic Account, Expresscash Account or a Student Current Account;
- You have previously received any other offer or benefits for switching to a Halifax bank account at any point since January 2012;
- You are a Bank of Scotland bank account customer switching to Halifax;
- The bank you are switching from does not participate in the Current Account Switch Service. To find out if your bank participates, visit the Payments Council website www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk
- Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one of each payment (£50 & £85). If any joint account customer has already benefited from a switch offer in their sole name, no payment will be made for that joint account.
- If you qualify, the £50 will be paid directly into your account by the time your switch has completed, the £85 will be paid 6 months after your switch has completed. Both payments will appear as a cash credit.
- The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.