Add a cardholder
- You can share your credit card account and credit limit with anyone aged 18 or over, subject to application.
- As the main cardholder, you're responsible for all spending on the card. You're also responsible for making the monthly payments.
- You'll see all your card spending on your monthly statement. Only the main cardholder will be able to view the credit card online.
- Should you decide to remove an additional cardholder, you will still be responsible for the card until it has been destroyed. If you cannot get the card back, please call us.
To add, remove or amend a cardholder:
- You can call us on 0345 944 4555 (Mon-Sun, 7am - 11pm)
- Sign in or register for Online Banking. Click on the ‘More actions’ box next to your credit card and then ‘Account services’.
Changing your credit limit
We require at least six months payment history on your account before you can request an increase of your credit limit. You can decrease your credit limit at any time after your card has been activated.
You can apply to increase or decrease your credit limit online, simply select the ‘more actions’ button on your credit card account and then the ‘manage credit limit’ button, or you can call 0345 944 4555 (Mon-Sun, 7am - 11pm).
From time to time we may write to you offering a credit limit increase. If this happens, we will give you 30 days notice before any change will take effect. Should you wish to decline the change, call 0345 944 4555 (Mon-Sun, 7am - 11pm).
Changing your address
You have two options:
Call our customer services department on 0345 944 4555 (Mon-Sun, 7am - 11pm). Remember to have your credit card to hand.
Alternatively, complete the Change of address form and post it back to us.
Changing your name
Step 1: download and complete a ‘Changes to customer name’ form. This form is available by logging in to Online Banking and selecting ‘Change details’ from the ‘Your profile’ tab at the top of the page. You can also pick up the form in branch.
Step 2: visit your local branch with the completed form and proof of your name. Alternatively, post your completed form and proof of your name.
You must have an original or a certified copy of the name change document, for example:
- Deed poll
- Marriage certificate or civil partnership registration document
- Divorce papers or dissolved civil partnership papers
- Passport/ Driving license
Closing your account
To close your account please call us on 0345 944 4555 (Mon-Sun, 7am - 11pm) or write to Halifax, part of Lloyds Banking Group, at:
Lloyds Banking Group PLC
Credit Card Operations
Forgotten your PIN
If you've forgotten your PIN, you can request a PIN reminder which will be sent through the post.
Just select one of the following options:
- Sign into Online Banking and use our replacement cards and PINs service by selecting it from 'Your account tools'
- Use our App and select the account action button (the 3 dotted icon) for your chosen account
- Call us on 0345 944 4555 (Mon-Sun, 7am - 11pm).
Please note that for security purposes, we cannot provide your PIN details over the phone. You'll receive your reminder by post in 3-5 working days.
Going abroad soon? You no longer need to tell us
You no longer have to tell us when you are travelling abroad. Our fraud and security systems are always on the lookout for suspicious activity on your accounts meaning you can relax when you are away making going abroad stress free.
Find out more
Online statements are available for credit cards via Online Banking, making it much easier to manage your account. You will receive a PDF statement each month which cuts the clutter and statements are conveniently stored in one place.
We will send you an email each month when your statement is available to be viewed online - simply sign in to view your statement.
If you choose to receive online statements, you will no longer receive paper statements for your credit card account by post. But with account tools available within Online Banking, you are in control and can choose to start/stop receiving paper statements any time you wish to.