Stop little leaks becoming a big problem with a free Hive Leak Sensor*
*Terms and conditions apply. Free 12 month Hive Leak Plan available to existing home insurance customers only.
We know that a leak is one of the most common reasons to make a home insurance claim. So we've teamed up with Hive to offer you a free 12 month Hive Leak Plan which includes a Hive Leak Sensor*.
The Hive Leak Sensor works by detecting water flows through your home and alerting you to potential issues.
Ready to apply? All you need is your Halifax Home Insurance Policy Number. Your policy number will be on any letters we've sent you, and starts with 3 letters e.g. HIA123456789.
*Terms and conditions apply. Available to existing home insurance customers only.
Halifax Home Insurance and Halifax Home Insurance Ultimate are underwritten by Lloyds Bank General Insurance Limited.
When you sign up for a free Hive Leak Plan you'll receive a Hive Leak Sensor which links to the Hive app on your smartphone.
The Hive Leak Sensor is quick and easy to set up, you just need to clip it to your main water pipe. Don't worry - no plumbing know-how is needed and the Hive app will guide you all the way.
Once set up the Hive Leak Sensor will:
Frequently asked questions
Taking out a Hive Leak Plan will not impact your premiums nor will any reported leaks or alerts impact your renewal price.
However, if you make a claim on your policy this will impact your premium as normal.
You will be able to continue to benefit from the Hive Leak Plan for 12 months from the activation of your device. Before the end of the 12 months you will be contacted by Hive with the options available to you if you wish to continue with the Hive Leak Plan.
This is a 12 month offer. Options for renewal will be communicated to you before the end of your free 12 month Hive Leak Plan.
If you receive a leak alert it's important that you find out where its coming from and get it stopped as soon as possible. A plumber should be able to support you with this. If the leak has caused water damage to your home or belongings then please get in touch so we can check if you are covered. Please have your policy number to hand, You'll find our contact number on your policy documents.
The terms of your policy will not change if you take out the Hive Leak Plan. If you cannot respond to an alert immediately it will not affect any insurance claim you submit. But we strongly recommend that any such alerts are investigated as soon as possible, because under the general conditions of your policy you are responsible for taking every reasonable precaution to prevent or minimise any loss or damage. Installing and reacting to the Hive Leak Sensor helps you to do this.
Terms and conditions
- The offer is for a free 12-month subscription to Hive Leak Plan, which consists of a Hive Leak Sensor, access to and control of the Hive Leak Sensor from the Hive app, and notifications to your smartphone of any relevant water flow events. The offer is available for customers who have Halifax Home Insurance.
- Before the end of the 12 months you will be contacted by Hive with the options available to you if you wish to continue with the Hive Leak Plan. You are under no obligation to purchase the service beyond the initial 12-month period.
- The offer is subject to availability and will continue to run until we choose to withdraw the offer.
- You must have Wi-Fi connectivity in your home and access to a smartphone to use Hive Leak Plan.
- Only one Hive Leak Plan can be taken per address insured with Halifax Home Insurance, and the subscription must be registered to the insured address.
- Halifax will not use any data collected by Hive during the 12 month offer period for the purposes of making individual underwriting or pricing decisions, or for making claims handling decisions on your home insurance policy. If we decide to change the type of data Hive shares with us or the purposes for which we use Hive data, we will let you know in advance of your next renewal.
- Halifax is responsible for the offer of the free Hive Leak Plan and Centrica Hive Limited (Hive) is responsible for the supply of the Hive Leak Sensor and provision of the Hive Leak Plan. The use of the Hive Leak Plan is subject to Hive’s T&Cs.
- By registering an account with Hive and installing the Hive Leak Sensor, you will be entering into a contract with Hive, which is a separate company from Halifax.
- This offer is promoted by Lloyds Bank Insurance Services Limited, Registered in England and Wales No 968406, Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.