As a result of COVID-19 the London Stock Exchange has temporarily amended their rules around dividend payments. Ordinarily an issuer must pay cash dividends within 30 days of the record date, however this has been changed to be within 60 days.
It is also possible some issuers may decide not to pay dividends at all, therefore please be aware the information on this page can change at any time up until the dividend is paid and you may not receive the full amount, or any of the dividend amounts shown below.
This dividend diary will provide you with some of the key dividend dates and events for April*, as well as some of the frequently asked questions we receive.
|Stock name||Ex-dividend date||Dividend payment date||Dividend amount|
|BARCLAYS PLC ORD||27/02/2020||03/04/2020||GBP 0.06|
|DIAGEO ORD||27/02/2020||09/04/2020||GBP 0.2741|
|GLAXOSMITHKLINE ORD||20/02/2020||09/04/2020||GBP 0.23|
|GVC HLDGS PLC ORD||12/03/2020||23/04/2020||GBP 0.176|
|HSBC HOLDINGS PLC ORD||27/02/2020||14/04/2020||USD 0.21|
|LAND SECURITIES GROUP ORD||12/03/2020||09/04/2020||GBP 0.116|
|PENNON GROUP ORD||23/01/2020||03/04/2020||GBP 0.1366|
|PERSIMMON ORD||05/03/2020||02/04/2020||GBP 1.25|
|RIO TINTO ORD||05/03/2020||16/04/2020||GBP 1.7747|
|SOUTH32 LTD NPV DI||05/03/2020||02/04/2020||GBP 0.0085305|
|TR EUROPEAN GROWTH TRUST ORD||26/03/2020||17/04/2020||GBP 0.078|
|WITAN INVESTMENT TRUST ORD||27/02/2020||03/04/2020||GBP 0.01825|
*Companies can change the dividend amount they pay to shareholders.
If you’re looking for dividend dates and events not shown on this page, you can try our Share Centre. All you need to do is visit the share details page for the stock you’d like to know more about (e.g. here is the share details page for Lloyds Banking Group) scroll down to ‘company information’ and click on the ‘Dividends’ tab.
We do not currently offer the option of ‘Scrip’ dividends. We do however offer our own ‘Dividend Reinvestment Plan’ (DRIP) which provides you with the option of buying stock using your dividend payments.
Dividend reinvestment is charged at 2% (maximum £12.50) plus 0.5% UK stamp duty.
For the majority of UK stocks we will credit the dividend to your share dealing account on the dividend payment date, this is provided we have received the payment and related documentation from the registrar.
Unit Trusts and foreign dividends tend to take longer to be credited as we have to wait for external custodians to release payment. In the case of foreign dividends this is usually 1 working day after the dividend pay date, and in the case of Unit Trusts this can be up to 1 week after pay date.
There are a number of reasons that your dividend may not have reinvested:
1) Did you select ‘Re-invest’ as your ‘Dividend Handling Option' at least 24 hours before the dividend payment date?
2) Was the dividend over £1.00 in value, and does the dividend total enough to purchase at least 1 share on the stock market?
3) Do you still have the stock in your share dealing account that the dividend was paid on? (No reinvestment can take place if you don’t have a holding.)
4) Is the stock eligible for reinvestment? Examples of stocks not eligible for reinvestment include foreign stocks and stocks that require a set investment amount such as bonds and gilts.
5) If the stock is being held in an ISA, is this ISA active?
6) Do you have any outstanding charges on your share dealing account?
7) Have you passed all relevant ID and money laundering checks?
If none of the above apply to you then please call us on 03457 22 55 25.
To receive a dividend payment from a stock you need to buy before it’s ex-dividend date. If you buy a stock on or after its ex-dividend date, you won’t receive it’s next dividend payment.
If you sell a stock on it’s ex-dividend you will still receive the next dividend payment.