If you hold a Share Dealing account with us and are also registered for Online Banking, you’ll now see a summary of your Share Dealing balance alongside your other accounts when you sign in via a web browser.
This will make it easier for you to view and access your Share Dealing account. The Share Dealing account summary is not available in the Halifax mobile banking app yet.
Why is this change happening?
Customers have told us they want to see and access their Share Dealing accounts alongside their bank accounts.
What is Online Banking?
By managing your bank accounts online you can transfer money between accounts, pay your bills, and view your recent transactions and current balance via your desktop, mobile or tablet. This is particularly useful if you hold more than one Halifax account.
Online Banking is easy and safe, and you can use it when you want, where you want.
What will the new Share Dealing account summary look like?
The new Share Dealing account summary has 5 features:
1. Your Share Dealing Personal Reference Number (PRN)
2. The total balance of all your Share Dealing accounts
3. Your total cash balance available to invest
4. Total securities (the amount you have invested in assets)
5. Sign in – clicking on this will take you to our Share Dealing home page where you can sign in and manage your Share Dealing accounts
Please note: The values shown on your Share Dealing account summary are updated at the close of the business day and are not in real time. Sign in to your account to view a real-time balance.
If you have more than one Share Dealing account, a combined total of those accounts will be displayed in the account summary.
1. How do I access my Share Dealing account through Online Banking?
2. Will I also be able to see my Share Dealing account in my mobile banking app?
We know that Share Dealing customers really want to access their accounts via the mobile banking app, and we’re working hard to make this happen as soon as possible. For now, Share Dealing accounts are accessible via Online Banking in your desktop, mobile or tablet browser, or by going directly to the Share Dealing website.
3. Which investment accounts will I be able to see in Online Banking?
The Share Dealing account summary will show you a combined view of all your Share Dealing accounts. This balance could include the following accounts:
4. What are the values that are shown on my Share Dealing account summary on Online Banking?
We’ll show you the total value of cash and assets in your Share Dealing account. This value will be the total balance of your Share Dealing account(s) at the close of the previous business day.
To see the most up-to-date balance please click on “Sign in” in your account summary and sign in to your Share Dealing account as you normally do.
If you have a joint account as well as a sole account you will see the total of all your balances.
5. I’ve forgotten my Online Banking sign in details
If you're an existing Online Banking customer, you can reset your password online. Simply go to the sign in page, click on 'Forgotten your password?' and follow the on-screen instructions which explain the steps to follow. Remember these are different passwords to your Share Dealing sign in details and you’ll need to reset your details via our online banking website.
6. Can I still access my Share Dealing account through the existing Share Dealing website?
Yes, you’ll be able to sign in to your account through both the existing Share Dealing website and Online Banking. You will need your Share Dealing sign in details to do this.
7. I’m a new customer, why have I been sent a separate Share Dealing username and password to log in?
A separate Share Dealing username and password is automatically generated when you open a Share Dealing account.
At the moment, you still need to use this Share Dealing username and password to sign in to your Share Dealing account. This may change in the future, but we will let you know if it does.
You cannot use your Share Dealing sign in details to sign in to Online Banking and vice versa.
8. What happens if I close the other Halifax accounts I hold with you?
You will still be able to access your Share Dealing account online through Online banking or by going directly to the Halifax Share Dealing site.
9. Why can I see my Bank of Scotland Share Dealing account in my Halifax Online Banking account?
This was a change made some time ago to enable customers to view their products online where the bank had changed their brand. This does not affect the security of any of your accounts and only you can see them.
Halifax and Bank of Scotland are part of Lloyds Banking Group and both brand Share Dealing Accounts are managed by Halifax Share Dealing Limited.
10. Why is my Share Dealing account summary showing the incorrect amount?
The balance displayed in your Share Dealing account summary is based on the previous business day, so it won’t reflect any changes you’ve made that day.
If you have more than one Share Dealing account it will show the total of those accounts.
11. Why is there more than one account summary showing for my Share Dealing accounts?
If more than one Share Dealing account summary appears in your Online Banking, this is a known issue and we are working to fix it. This does not affect the security or management of your other Share Dealing accounts and you should be able to sign in as normal if you want to manage your account.
12. I have Power of Attorney on a Share Dealing account, why can’t I access the account?
Although you can see the new Share Dealing account in Online Banking, you will not be able to access this due to restrictions on the account. If you wish to trade or check any account details you should call customer services on;
13. I have a share dealing account but I haven’t registered for online share dealing yet, what can I do?
Some customers may have a Share Dealing account but may not have registered to see their account online. To register for Share Dealing Online, simply click on the ‘Register an Existing Account’ link on the sign in page and follow the simple instructions.