A ShareBuilder helps you buy, sell and hold a wide range of UK shares. You can get started with a regular investment from just £20 each month and there’s no tie in period – you can change the amount or investment at any time.
Our ShareBuilder is designed to make the most of your regular investments. We’ll never leave any leftover cash in the account when you’ve asked us to invest it - this is because we’ll buy a partial share when there isn’t enough cash to buy a full share.
Please remember that the value of all investments can fall as well as rise, and you may get back less than you invest. If you’re not sure about investing, seek financial advice.
- Set-up a regular, monthly investment from just £20 per month and pay £2 dealing commission per trade.
- Buy and sell UK shares and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- No platform charges or annual administration fees.
Did you know?
- You can rename your account to whatever you like, e.g. ‘Sarah’s university fund’ or ‘Tom’s first car’.
- Our ShareBuilder is a great way to invest for both regular and new investors.
- The ShareBuilder has no set-up costs, no exit fees and no annual admin charges.
What charges do I pay?
Our charges are simple and competitive. It’s free to hold all investments in the ShareBuilder and you just pay dealing commission each time you place a trade.
|Account admin charge/platform fee||Zero|
|Real-time online trades
||£12.50 dealing commission per trade|
|Scheduled regular investments||£2 dealing commission per trade|
This table shows the dealing commission and account charges you'll pay as standard. If you invest in a fund you'll also pay an ongoing charge directly to the fund manager. You may also pay government taxes and levies depending on the investment you choose. For full details please read our Charges page.
Apply for a ShareBuilder
You can open a ShareBuilder in less than 10 minutes. Before you start an application, make sure you’ve reviewed and understand the:
- Risks of investing
- Our Terms and Conditions (ShareBuilder), Terms and Conditions (Share Dealing Account), Order Execution Policy, Summary of our Conflicts of Interest Policy and our brochure.