Are you looking to borrow a bit more to buy a new car, do some work around the house or just reorganise your finances?
If you are registered for Online Banking you can now sign in to apply for additional borrowing. Just tell us how much more money you need to borrow and if we approve your new loan, you could have the money in your account instantly.
If you’re not yet registered for Online Banking visit about online where you can find out about the benefits and how to register.
When applying online you can:
- keep your existing loan in place and take out a new loan which you’ll repay separately, or
- replace your existing loan with a new loan for a larger amount over a term that suits you. This option is only available online if your current loan account number starts with ‘100’, the loan is held in your sole name and you hold only one existing Halifax loan.
If you’re eligible for both borrowing options, we’ll show you the APR, monthly repayments and total borrowing costs for each, so you’ll be able to easily compare before choosing the one that’s right for you. For further information please see debt consolidation.
If you wish to consolidate other debts, including credit cards, other loans or overdrafts then please call us or book an appointment in branch.
- If your loan starts with '7/' call 08457 24 34 44 (lines open Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 6pm)
- If your loan starts with '84/' call 08457 44 44 55 (lines open Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 6pm)
- If your loan starts with '100' call 08456 04 72 92 (lines open Monday to Sunday 8am - 10pm)
You can book an appointment in branch by visiting a branch in person or by phoning 08457 20 30 40.
Frequently asked questions
Why is my loan balance different to my loan settlement balance?
When you take out your loan, the amount you agree to repay includes interest that is charged to the end of the loan term. If you make an early settlement, you might be entitled to a rebate, which means you wouldn’t have to pay all of the interest. You can repay your loan in full or part at any time during the repayment period and we'll reduce the charge for credit you've agreed to pay us. If you make an early settlement we may charge up to 58 days interest. The early settlement adjustment does not apply to the Clarity Loan.
Does my loan automatically close if I choose to refinance my existing borrowing?
If you choose to refinance your existing borrowing into a new loan, we’ll close your existing loan and open another one for the new amount. We’ll confirm how much you’ll repay each month and your new rate of interest – which may be higher. You may be charged up to 58 days interest for closing the existing loan early. The early settlement adjustment does not apply to the Clarity Loan. If you chose to extend the term of your loan, a longer repayment period will mean you’ll pay more interest overall.
Why can't I see the option to replace my existing loan with a new loan for a larger amount when I apply online?
If you're only given the option to take out a separate new loan then you're not eligible to apply online to combine your new and existing borrowing into a single loan. This option is available online if your current loan account number starts with ‘100’, the loan is held in your sole name and you hold only one existing Halifax loan. However, we may still be able to help you over the phone or in the branch.