Are you eligible for the Green Living Reward?
Want to make your home more energy efficient, but don’t quite have the funds? Fear not, Halifax is here to help.
Here at Halifax, we’re committed to helping you make your home kinder to the environment.
That’s why we’re offering our mortgage customers £500 cashback when they commit to one or more eligible improvements to make their homes more energy-efficient.
We call it the Green Living Reward – you can read more about it here when you’re ready, but for now, let’s take a closer look at how it works…
How does the Green Living Reward work?
- First, you’ll need to apply for a qualifying Halifax mortgage or additional borrowing for existing customers between 9th November 2020 and 31st March 2021
- Next, decide on your green improvement from our recommended list and register for the Green Living Reward online, or with your Mortgage and Protection Adviser in branch or over the phone
- Complete on your mortgage and let us know once your green improvements are finished, before the 31st December 2021, and we’ll deposit your £500 reward into the account your mortgage is paid from.
Yep – that is really is all there is to it.
Remember! We want to make sure your home improvements are the best quality they can be. That’s why we ask you to use a TrustMark registered supplier to carry out the work.
What sort of improvements can I make?
To be eligible for the Green Living Reward, you’ll need to choose from our list of recommended improvements. But don’t worry, there’s plenty of choice.
These are just a few ways the Green Living Reward could help you make your home more eco-friendly:
- Install Low Carbon Heating, such as a heat pump or solar panel system, so you can convert natural warmth and solar energy into fuel for your home
- Insulate your home with wall, loft or floor insulation, to stop valuable warmth escaping through the cracks
- Replacing doors and/or windows with specially glazed or insulated alternatives will help keep the drafts out, keeping your home warm, quiet and cosy
- Smart thermostat systems can help take your green home to the next level, giving you more control over your energy usage so you never waste a single watt
Need help deciding which green improvement would be best for you?
The Halifax Home Energy Saving Tool can give you a personalised action plan with estimates of your home’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating, energy costs and CO2 emissions, so can see just how much you could save – for yourself, and the environment.
Am I eligible?
To apply for the Halifax Green Living Reward you must be one of the following:
- An existing Halifax mortgage customer borrowing more for home improvements
- A First Time Buyer
- Remortgaging to Halifax from another lender and borrowing more for home improvements
- A Homemover
The reward is available for recommended home improvements carried out by TrustMark registered suppliers.
This isn’t available to existing customers switching their mortgage product or customers who apply through a Mortgage Broker.
How to apply
Seeing green? Kick off your Green Living commitment with your Mortgage and Protection Adviser in branch, or over the phone during your mortgage application appointment by 31st March 2021.
You can find out more on our website.