Reward Current Account
- £5 reward each month you pay in £750+, pay two different direct debits and stay in credit
- Branch, mobile, text alert, online and telephone banking services
- Earn when you spend - once registered for Online Banking switch on Cashback Extras and activate your offers
- Personalise your Visa debit card
- Withdraw up to £500 a day from our cash machines, branches and any Post Office
- Open a joint account - just let us know at the end of the form
Switch to us in only 7 working days...
...apply online and switch at the end of the application.
The Current Account Switch Guarantee ensures your current account switch will complete in 7 working days, you can choose this date. Your payments will be automatically transferred and redirected to your new account, and in the unlikely event you incur any charges on your old or new bank account due to an error or delay, you will be refunded in full when this is brought to our attention.
To switch and earn £100 use the Current Account Switching Service to transfer and close your old account held elsewhere. Excludes customers who’ve had £100 for switching since January 2012.
More information about the £100 switching offer
To qualify for the £100 switching offer ("the offer") you must use the 'Current Account Switch Service' and meet the following conditions:
- Use the 'Current Account Switch Service', to switch into a new or existing Halifax Current Account, Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account (£15 monthly fee applies) ("your account").
- Use the 'Current Account Switch Service' to transfer all the active credits and debits from the bank account that you hold with another bank and close this account.
You are not eligible for this offer if you have received £100 for switching to a Halifax bank account at any point since January 2012.
Customers switching a Bank of Scotland bank account to Halifax are not eligible for the offer.
What else you need to know
2. If your account has an overdraft you will not pay any daily overdraft fees for 6 months provided you stay within your planned overdraft limit; if you exceed your planned overdraft limit, then unplanned overdraft fees will still apply.
3. After 6 months, or if you change your current account, you will be charged daily overdraft fees applicable to the account you hold if you use your overdraft. Please see the Reward payments, interest and account fees leaflet for details on overdraft fees.
4. If you do not meet the conditions of the offer we may claim back the £100. We will do this by debiting £100 from your account.
5. Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment.
6. The offer will be paid directly into your account once your switch has completed. The payment will appear as a cash credit.
7. The offer is not available to customers whose existing account is being managed by our Recovery Departments.
8. The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
|If you...||...your daily fee will be|
|use a planned overdraft up to and including £1,999.99||£1 a day|
|use a planned overdraft of between £2,000 and £2,999.99||£2 a day|
|use a planned overdraft of £3,000 and over||£3 a day|
|use an unplanned overdraft||£5 a day|
If you are overdrawn by £50 or less our overdraft buffer means you won’t pay any planned or unplanned overdraft fees. Overdrafts are subject to application and approval, and are repayable on demand.