Ultimate Reward Current Account
The Ultimate Reward Current Account will cost £15 a month. It will only cost you £10 a month if you pay in £750 or more, have a minimum of two different direct debits paid from your account, each calendar month and keep your account in credit.
From 1st December we are making some important changes to the Ultimate Reward Current Account. See page 94 of the Getting Started Guide for more information.
More information about the £100 switching offer
£100 to switch using the Current Account Switch Service
To qualify for the £100 switching offer ("the offer") you must use the 'Current Account Switch Service' and meet the following conditions:
Use the 'Current Account Switch Service', to switch into a new or existing Halifax Current Account, Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account ("your account").
Use the 'Current Account Switch Service' to transfer all the active credits and debits from the bank account that you hold with another bank and close this account.
You are not eligible for this offer if you have received £100 for switching to a Halifax bank account at any point since January 2012.
Customers switching a Bank of Scotland bank account to Halifax are not eligible for the offer.
What else you need to know
1. The offer applies to applications received in branch, online or by phone from 21 July 2014. The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
2. If your account has an overdraft you will not pay any daily overdraft fees for 6 months provided you stay within your planned overdraft limit; if you exceed your planned overdraft limit, then unplanned overdraft fees will still apply.
3. After 6 months, or if you change your current account, you will be charged daily overdraft fees applicable to the account you hold if you use your overdraft. Please see the Reward payments, interest and account fees leaflet for details on overdraft fees.
4. If you do not meet the conditions of the offer we may claim back the £100. We will do this by debiting £100 from your account.
5. Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment.
6. The offer will be paid directly into your account within three working days of your switch completing. The payment will appear as cash credit.
7. The offer is not available to customers whose existing account is being managed by our Recovery Departments.
8. The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
Benefits & features
|Online Banking exclusive! Register for Cashback Extras online and earn cashback on offers when you spend using your debit card.|
|Worldwide multi-trip family travel insurance
Administered by FirstAssist Insurance Services and underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) plc
|Cover includes your spouse, civil partner or partner who you live with (aged under 71) and children under 16 or under 23 and in full time education. Children are not covered for independent travel. Includes winter sports cover (people aged under 65) and golf trips. Medical exclusions apply to pre-existing conditions, although cover may be agreed by notifying the insurer. Please see the terms and conditions for full details.|
|AA Breakdown Cover, inc. Home Start
Provided by The Automobile Association Developments Limited (Trading as AA Breakdown Services). Accident Management is underwritten by Acromas Insurance Company Limited.
|Breakdown assistance when you need it most. You're covered as a driver or a passenger in any eligible vehicle if you breakdown at home or on the roadside.|
|Mobile phone insurance
Arranged and administed by STAMS Limited with a single insurance provider, London General Insurance Company Limited
|Insurance at home and abroad if your mobile phone is lost, stolen or damaged.|
|Home emergency cover
Underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A.
|Cover from burst pipes to broken windows, get the help and repairs you need.|
Underwritten by Allianz Insurance plc
|Card protection for all your debit, credit, store and charge cards if they’re lost or stolen, whether at home or abroad.|
Please note from 1st December 2014 Card Protection is being replaced with a Card Cancellation only service. See page 94 of the Getting Started Guide for more information.
You must review any existing insurance policies you have with Halifax or any other providers as you may already have equivalent cover. Read the Ultimate Reward Current Account Getting Started Guide (PDF) for a summary of the key differences between the cover provided as part of the Ultimate Reward Current Account and our standalone policies for travel insurance, home insurance and car breakdown cover.
|£50 overdraft buffer|
|If you are overdrawn by £50 or less our overdraft buffer means you won’t pay any planned or unplanned overdraft fees.|
|Travel money exclusive offer|
|Your Ultimate Reward Current Account comes with an exclusive offer with our Travel Money services:
Please note from 1st December 2014 we will no longer offer the preferential travel money exchange rates and the free home delivery service. See page 96 of the Getting Started Guide for more information.
|Standard account features|
|Planned overdraft||Unplanned overdraft|
|Daily fee||Amount of
|Up to and including £300||N/A||All balances||£5|
|£300.01 to £1,999.99||£1|
|£2,000 to £2,999.99||£2|
|£3,000 and above||£3|
|If you use a planned overdraft of £1,200, then we'll charge you a daily fee of £1. For Ultimate Reward Current Accounts, you will pay the higher monthly account fee of £15 rather than £10 if you use your overdraft. This means there will be an indirect additional cost of £5 if you use a planned overdraft on this account.|
Apply for an Ultimate Reward Current Account
- One account in two names
- Both account holders can set up and manage Online Banking separately
- Both people get a Visa debit card
- Share spending and view on one monthly statement
- Options to open a new joint account or add a second person to an existing account
- Both account holders are individually and jointly responsible for any debts on the joint account.
- Credit reference agencies often create a financial link or association between two people with a joint account. Meaning that the financial situation of the second person on the account could affect your credit rating.
- Both account holders can use the account benefits and features without the approval of the other.
- We cannot add another person to an account with an overdraft online, to add a person to an account with an overdraft visit us in branch.
Open a joint account online
Bear in mind
Here’s how to create a new joint account
Step 1 Open a new current account in your name
Step 2 Select the "make it joint" option at the end of the application to invite a second person to join the account
Step 3 We'll send you an activation code when the second person has completed the application
Step 4 Enter the activation code and we'll add the second person to the account then confirm to you by email
Important overdraft information
As part of opening a new joint current account (step 1), you may be offered an overdraft in your sole name. Please do not accept this, and wait until you receive e-mail confirmation that the joint account application is complete (step 4) before applying for an overdraft in joint names.
Add somebody to an existing account
To add somebody to your existing account, simply apply via Online Banking. Use the apply now button below to log in then you'll be given the option to make your account a joint account.
Important overdraft information
We cannot add another person to an account with an overdraft online, to add a person to an account with an overdraft visit us in branch.
Alternatively, make an appointment at one of our branches.