Switch to Halifax
To qualify for this offer you must:
- Successfully open a new Current Account, Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account (£15 monthly fee applies); and
- Use our switching service to transfer to all your active direct debits (minimum of two) and other regular payments, along with all your automated credits.
Only one offer per customer (including joint accounts). Offer not available for existing Halifax or Bank of Scotland current account holders or if you have closed a Halifax current account in the last 6 months.
Also, if you’re successful in applying for a planned overdraft2 there’ll be no daily fees payable for 6 months - if you exceed your planned overdraft limit fees will apply. Changing to another current account will mean you’ll be charged fees applicable to that account.
Further important information about the £100 offer
1. This offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
2. If you do not transfer all your direct debits and other regular payments and all of your automated credits from your existing bank to your new Halifax current account we may claim back the £100. We may do this by debiting your new Halifax current account. We may also start to charge you daily fees for using the overdraft.
3. After 6 months, or if you change your current account, you will be charged daily overdraft fees applicable to the account you hold if you use your overdraft.
4. The offer will be paid directly into your account when we start your switch and will appear as a cash credit.
5. The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group. Nor is it available if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
We take the hassle out of switching
So, what are you waiting for? Start your switch today
Select a current account you'd like to switch to and complete the switching section in the online application form:
Features of our great switching service
- You can request a fee-free planned overdraft (once in any 12 month period) for three months, when applying for your new account online
- Switch regular credits like your salary or pension to your Halifax account by completing the credit redirection letter (PDF) and send it to the organisations that make regular payments into your bank account - more information can be found on the BACS website
- You can keep track of any payments on your new Halifax account through our Online Banking service for added peace of mind during the switch