Home Emergency Cover
Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
Halifax gives you extra help in an emergency
Halifax Home Emergency Cover helps give you peace of mind by protecting you against the cost of emergency repairs which wouldn't normally be covered by your home insurance, it can help give you peace of mind for emergencies that:
- render your home unsafe or unsecure,
- damage or cause further damage to your home or contents,
- create unreasonable risk to you or your family's health and safety which wouldn't normally be covered by your home insurance.
Cover is provided for:
- failure of, or damage to, plumbing and drainage
- complete failure of electricity supply within the home
- failure of, or damage to, external locks, external doors or external windows
- primary heating system, complete breakdown of the hot water system, or complete or partial breakdown of the central heating system
- damage to the roof of the home by bad weather conditions or by fallen trees and branches (exluding flat roofs).
With a first year introductory discount, Home Emergency Cover costs £5.25 per month (£63 per year) and £6.25 per month (£75 per year) after that.
Please note, home emergency cover is not a servicing or maintenance policy so cover for routine home services or domestic appliance breakdowns is not included. Terms and conditions and certain limits and exclusions apply. For a full list of what is and isn’t covered, please see our policy booklet (opens in new window).