Halifax Home Options Insurance
Rewarding home insurance, built with you in mind.
Buy combined buildings and contents from Halifax and you'll get great quality cover, at great prices…backed up by the prompt help and support you want.
- £50 cashback reward, when you’ve held your policy for 80 days. Conditions apply
- No interest for paying monthly
- A great deal from our panel of leading insurers
- UK based sales advisers.
Please remember, that this offer isn't available in any branch.
Go on, it only takes a few minutes to get a quote online (opens in new window) or call 0800 085 6844 and one of our UK based advisers will be happy to help.
Halifax Home Options Insurance provides buildings and contents cover
Our home contents insurance offers:
- standard blanket cover of up to £50,000 should you need to repair or replace your possessions (you will need to specify your sum insured if your house has more than 5 bedrooms)
- costs for alternative accommodation and/or loss of rent up to 20% of your contents sum insured if your home is made uninhabitable by an insured event. That's up to £10,000 with our blanket cover!
- the option to choose cover of up to £100,000 sum insured if you need more cover than our standard blanket policy (prices may vary depending on the level of cover you choose)
- new for old replacement when we can't repair the item
- 33% of your sum insured limit to cover all your high risk items, like jewellery and TVs, the things thieves target first
- option to choose cover for single high risk items of up to £7,500
- accidental damage cover as standard for your TV, home cinema and PC equipment
- accidental breakage of glass that’s built into your furniture or mirrors around your home.
Have a look at the contents insurance policy booklet to see more details of what is and isn’t covered.
Our buildings insurance offers:
- standard blanket cover of up to £400,000 so should the worst happen you can rebuild your home (you will need to specify your sum insured if the house you want to cover has more than 5 bedrooms
- the option to choose cover of up to £1,000,000 sum insured if you need more than our standard blanket policy (prices may vary depending on the level of cover you choose)
- costs for architects’ and surveyors’ fees following damage to the buildings by an insured event up to the sum insured
- costs for alternative accommodation and/or loss of rent up to 20% of your buildings sum insured if your home is made uninhabitable by an insured event. That's up to £80,000 with our blanket cover!
- accidental breakage cover included as standard for ceramic hobs (in fixed appliances), sanitary ware and fixed glass in your home.
Have a look at the buildings insurance policy booklet to see more details of what is and isn’t covered.
So call our UK based advisers on 0800 085 6844 or get a quote online.
We offer a range of additional cover (at extra cost) to compliment your home insurance.
Home Emergency Cover Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc
Special introductory offer: Add emergency cover to your buildings insurance for just £5.25 a month for your first year. Normally £6.25 per month.
Home emergencies usually come out of nowhere. You've hardly got time to think. But you've got to act fast. Having home emergency cover means:
- You won’t have to worry about the cost of emergency repairs. We’ll pay the call-out charges, labour, parts and materials – up to £300 per emergency
- Help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Just give the helpline a call and a qualified person will come round and stop the emergency.
An emergency can be defined as an incident that:
- Renders your home unsafe or unsecure.
- Causes further damage to your home or contents.
- Creates unreasonable risk to the health and safety of you or your family.
Remember though, Home Emergency Cover is designed to help you sort out certain home emergencies, like the ones we’ve mentioned. But it can’t be used as a servicing or maintenance policy – such as for routine checks or fixing domestic appliance breakdowns.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Read more about Home Emergency Cover.
Legal Expenses Cover Underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Ltd
Legal Expenses cover provides up to £50,000 for a lawyer to protect your, and your family's legal rights. This covers things like personal injury claims, employment disputes, contractual disputes (e.g. with tradesmen or holiday companies), boundary disputes and much more.
You don't pay an excess and claiming doesn't affect your home insurance policy or premium.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Read more about Legal Expenses Cover.
Accidental damage cover
Our buildings and contents policies provide cover for accidental damage to certain items as standard. You can also extend your policy to cover other unintentional and unexpected accidents such as spillages to carpets and furniture, as well as DIY mishaps.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Read more about accidental damage cover.
Additional cover such as home emergency cover, legal expenses cover, and accidental damage cover can be selected towards the end of the quote process. So go on get a quote online now