Tools and Services
TradePlans are automated trading tools which can help you take control of risk and make the most of the rise and fall of the stock market, without having to keep a constant eye on share prices.
We offer five different TradePlans which automatically trigger based on set criteria:
- Limit Order - set a price above which you will not buy, or below which you will not sell a stock.
- Stop Loss* - set a price to sell shares which is lower than the current price. Stop Losses are usually used to protect you from sharp falls in a share price.
- Target Setting - a combination of a Limit Order to sell at a higher price than the current price, and a Stop Loss order to sell at a lower price than the current price. Target Setting can help you maximise profits when share prices rise and protect against losses when they fall.
- Range Trading - specify the prices which you wish to buy and sell a particular stock. It's a combination of two Limit Orders, one to buy shares at a lower price than the current price, and one to sell them at a higher price.
- Price Locking* - an intuitive Stop Loss which automatically adjusts your stop price to lock in rises when shares climb to protect you from a sharp fall.
How do I set up a TradePlan?
Set-up your TradePlan instruction online or by telephone then leave the rest to us. When market conditions match your requirements, your TradePlan will be automatically executed. You can amend or cancel a TradePlan order at anytime before it expires.
Please note TradePlan is only available on CREST eligible UK investments.
How much does it cost?
Each TradePlan you set-up costs £2 (free in a Stocks & Shares ISA or SIPP) and if a trade is executed then we’ll reduce the commission on that trade by £2.
Example - if you place a TradePlan order online, you will pay £2 when the TradePlan is set-up and if the trade executes you will pay £9.95 commission.
If more than one trade is executed within a TradePlan then each one will be at the reduced rate.
A charge of £2 will be made each time you amend the plan. If your TradePlan expires before it has been executed then the £2 charge will not be refunded. You can cancel a TradePlan at any time without an additional charge.
Our free to use mobile trading service enables you to access your Halifax Share Dealing Account wherever you are, whenever you want.
Our mobile service is safe and secure with the same level of security as you have online.
Find out more about mobile security.
Our mobile trading service offers you all the freedom to trade while on the go. Features include:
- Quick Quote - access to instant market quotes
- Deal - buy and sell shares real time on UK stocks
- Valuation - view the current value of your portfolio
- Funding - fund your account online so it's ready to trade
This service is only available on selected devices and some functions which are available on the desktop site are not available from the mobile site. These include:
- Cash withdrawals
- International trading
- Fund trading
Using the service is easy, simply go to www.halifaxsharedealing.co.uk/mobile on your mobile or click sign-in.
Using our Watchlist helps you to act quickly and stay on top of changing share prices without having to keep a constant eye on the stock markets. The tool is completely integrated with our Research Centre so you can add stocks to your watchlist as you explore the markets.
- Free alerts for up to 5 UK and US stocks
- Receive an email notification when your watched stocks reach your pre-set price (prices are 15 minutes delayed)
- Set-up notifications to receive the latest news about your watched stocks
How to use the Watchlist
- Search for a stock within the Research Centre and then click 'Add to watchlist'
- To begin using the tool, click the 'Registration' tab and enter your details
- Enter the company code
- Select either price or RNS (Regulatory News Service) alerts
- If you’ve chosen price alerts you’ll be prompted to set-up a specific trigger - you can enter a specific price or select a percentage/price movement
- Once you’ve registered you can easily access the Watchlist by bookmarking the page
Please note that FireFox doesn't fully support the Share Price Alert Tool and we therefore recommend that you access it using Internet Explorer.
In conjunction with Precision IR we offer a free service that gives you quick access to annual reports, interim reports and other information.