Shop online safely
The chance to buy cheap tickets might sound good. But there are lots of fake ticket sites, so keep an eye out for scams.
What to look out for:
- Bad reviews - Lots of good reviews from different buyers are better than mixed, bad or no reviews at all.
- Amazing prices - Fraudsters may offer tickets at low prices. If a price is a lot lower than other online sellers, it might be a scam.
- Odd ways of paying - A fake site may ask you to pay by direct bank or wire transfer. These are hard to trace. If things go wrong, you may not get your money back.
What you can do:
- Use a well-known ticket site - It’s safer to buy from a good ticket company that is registered with STAR than through social media or a trading website.
- Pay on the site - Genuine ticket sites have safe ways to pay. So don't pay away from the site.
- Check a site's terms and conditions - Make sure you know how a site can help you if things go wrong.
- Choose a safe way to pay - When you pay on a site use a normal method, like your debit or credit card. Be careful if you pay another way.