How the £5 cashback offer works
This cashback offer is only available to people who received the invitational email.
Halifax Visa Debit card contactless cashback offer terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer (“the cashback offer”). By participating in this cashback offer, you agree to be bound by and shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions will apply in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain the Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer email and these Terms and Conditions for your information.
These Terms and Conditions apply alongside your personal current account terms and conditions and also alongside important information we have provided to you in relation to your use of your Halifax Visa debit card with Apple Pay, Android Pay and/or Google Pay.*
In these Terms and Conditions ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Bank of Scotland plc trading as “Halifax”. (Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Bank of Scotland plc Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000.) Our correspondence address is: Halifax, PO Box 548, Leeds, LS1 1WU.
“you”, “your” means the recipient and addressee of a Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer email being the holder of a personal Halifax current account.
We are conducting this cashback offer with our carefully selected payments partner Visa (Visa Europe Services LLC is a company incorporated in Delaware USA, acting through its London branch (branch number BR007632). Registered Office: 1 Sheldon Square, London W2 6TT), who will be referred to as ‘our partner’ in these Terms and Conditions.
It is important that you understand how the personal information you give us will be used. For a reminder about how we process your personal information you can view our full Privacy Statement here.
The cashback offer will run from 00:00 hours on 08/02/2019 to 23:59 on 15/03/2019 inclusive (“ the cashback offer period”). All qualifying contactless transactions must be made during the cashback offer period in order to be eligible. To be able to participate in this cashback offer you must:
- be the recipient and addressee of a Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer email
- not have elected to be excluded from participation in the cashback offer by clicking the opt out link in the Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer email
To receive the cashback offer payment each of the following requirements must be met :
- Participants must make five qualifying Visa debit card transactions using the contactless feature of the card for your personal Halifax current account in the UK within the cashback offer period. (This can include ones made using Apple Pay, Google Pay and Android Pay). Please note: Multiple qualifying contactless Visa debit card transactions, made on any day for travel with Transport for London, during the cashback offer period, will only be eligible to count as one Visa debit card transaction for that day for this cashback offer. To qualify, each transaction must meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Participants must have authorised the contactless transactions using the same Visa debit card during the cashback offer period. If your Visa debit card is registered as lost or stolen at any point during the cashback offer period, please note that some transactions may be voided or cancelled as part of this process and if so will not count as qualifying transactions. Contactless transactions made using one Visa debit card cannot be combined with transactions made using a replacement Visa debit card (issued for any reason including expiry of the original card) in order to meet the required number of qualifying transactions
- To qualify each of 5 Visa debit card contactless transactions made during the cashback offer period, must be approved at the point of sale and the amount of each transaction must be debited from your account before 5th April 2019. Please note: contactless transactions to apply refunds to your account will not qualify.
- Participants must still hold the associated Halifax personal current account, at the time the cashback offer payment is to be made and we must not be prevented by any legal, regulatory or other requirement from crediting that account.
Contactless transactions do not qualify if they are made by a Halifax personal current accountholder who is not the recipient and addressee of a Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer email, even if that person holds their personal current account jointly with you.
If you have received a Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer email about more than one of your Halifax personal current accounts, the cashback offer is available per individual account and its associated Visa debit card, as long as the required number of five qualifying contactless Visa debit card transactions made within the cashback offer period, is met in relation to each card individually.
The following transaction types will not be qualifying transactions:
I. Gambling transactions (including but not limited to: betting, track, casino or lotto/lottery transactions)
II. Credit card transactions
III. ATM transactions and cash withdrawals
IV. Transactions made outside the UK
V. Financial Services transactions (including but not limited to: money transmission orders, purchases of foreign currency or travel cheques, purchases of financial services such as insurance)
Upon expiry of the cashback offer period, we, and our partner Visa, will validate all Visa debit card contactless transactions made within the cashback offer period, by Participants in the cashback offer.
By the end of April 2019, all Participants who have met the requirements for the cashback offer payment will receive a single one off payment of £5.00 which will be credited to the Halifax personal current account associated with the qualifying Visa debit card transactions.
The cashback offer payment will be described on your account statement or when viewing payments history within Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App as ‘Contactless Cashback’ on the eligible account.
We will not be liable for any loss, cost or charge you incur where a cashback offer payment is not made due to any Visa debit card contactless transactions which were not completed as a result of merchant or Visa systems availability or other technical reason, Visa or merchant error, or any other reason beyond our reasonable control or where we are prevented from making that payment by law or regulation. We will not make the cashback offer payment where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or of the terms and conditions of your account, or where a Participant has tried to gain a cashback offer payment by fraudulent or other illegal means.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to vary these Terms and Conditions or to cancel or suspend this cashback offer or the cashback offer payment or invalidate any transactions at any stage where this is necessary due to circumstances arising beyond our control such as highlighted here and only where circumstances make this unavoidable. We will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect to Participants to avoid undue disappointment. Such circumstances include if for any reason any aspect of this cashback offer is not capable of running as planned, including because of a legal or regulatory issue, or by reason of infection by computer virus, technical failure, fraud, or any other cause beyond our control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this cashback offer.
If this happens, we will make all reasonable effort to notify you as soon as we are practically able to do so. We will also publish notification of any such change on our website. If we do need to make changes and you tell us you no longer wish to participate then we will remove you from the cashback offer.
If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
By clicking the opt-out link within the Halifax Visa Debit Card Contactless Cashback Offer email you confirm your agreement to be excluded from the cashback offer and these Terms and Conditions. You can make this selection at any point during the cashback offer period. If you opt out and are excluded from the cashback offer you cannot reverse this selection or receive the cashback offer payment.
The cashback offer is as stated and nothing else is included. The cashback offer payment if you are eligible for it is a one off single payment of £5 and subsequent contactless Visa debit card transactions will not create any entitlement to any further cashback payments. All of the general and special terms and conditions of your account shall continue to apply. If you would like another copy of these you can find these here or you can call 0345 720 3040 to request another copy. Lines open for existing customers 7am - 11pm, seven days a week.
*Apple, the Apple logo, and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Android, Google Pay and the Google Pay and Google Play logos are trademarks of Google Inc.