What is PPI?
Our PPI provides cover for your mortgage or credit card payments in the event you can’t work due to accident, sickness or unemployment.
Halifax no longer sells Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). If you are interested in purchasing protection for your existing credit agreements, you may want to arrange a policy with a different insurer. For independent support, you may find helpful information and advice from MoneyHelper.
Our PPI policies offer a range of cover including:
- Unemployment - if you are in work and become involuntarily unemployed.
- Accident and sickness - if you are unable to work due to an accident or sickness.
- Life - if you die during the period of cover.
- Critical illness – if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Carer cover - if you leave work to become a carer for a relative.
- Hospitalisation benefit - if you are confined to hospital for 5 days in a row while you are permanently retired or are aged 70 or over.
When your monthly mortgage payment changes, think about whether your monthly benefit should change too. It won’t update automatically, so if you do need to change it then please call us.
Your policy schedule tells you what cover you have and the limits that apply to your cover.
Your policy booklet includes the full details of your cover.
Halifax Credit Card Repayment Cover policy booklet (PDF, 317KB)*
Halifax Payment Protection Cover (Mortgage PPI) policy booklet (PDF, 211KB)
*If you want a copy of your Credit Card PPI policy terms and conditions that applied prior to 1st July 2023 please call us on 0333 130 4661 option 1.
Lines are open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
How do I make an insurance claim on PPI?
To register a claim please call the relevant phone number provided below: