Help with your loan repayments
Apply for a plan or a hold that works for you
We can now give you even more help online to meet your needs – whether you’re behind with repayments and want a plan or simply need a hold and some time to get advice.
If you’d like to find out more, just sign in to Online Banking or use our app, then select ‘Need help with your debt or payments?’ on the account menu.
We’ll ask you a few quick questions first and then we’ll see if we can:
- come up with a plan to help you pay off the amount you’re behind by
- give you a hold and the time and space to get some free independent help and advice
- set up a temporary plan to lower or stop your repayments for a while – this isn’t a repayment holiday.
Think about the impact
All our options are different, as they're designed around you. But they may have an impact on you too.
Before you apply, do make sure that you:
- understand what your account will look like when a plan or hold ends – as not all of them will bring your account up to date
- know how it might affect interest and your credit score
- realise that you can’t apply for a repayment holiday from here.
So please read it carefully.
Apply for a term extension
A new loan over a longer term could lower your monthly repayments.
You can apply if you’re:
- within 48 months of paying off your current loan and there’s £1,000 or more to pay
- sure you can maintain regular repayments and are happy for us to do some credit checks.
- You may pay more interest overall, it’ll take longer to pay off, but your APR won’t go up. 19.9% APR representative.
Sign in and select ‘Extend loan term’ to apply
Or call us on 0345 604 7292
Our budget calculator can help you keep track of your money.
Loans are provided by Halifax. Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.