Transfer your existing pension.
Please remember that the value of an investment and the income from it can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invested.
We don't provide advice so if you are in any doubt about making your own investment decisions we recommend you seek advice from a suitably qualified financial adviser.
SIPPs are a pension product and you will not be able to withdraw your funds until you reach the age of 55.
TRANSFER YOUR PENSION TO THE HALIFAX.
- Open a Halifax SIPP
- Download, print out and complete a transfer form
- Return it to the address provided on the form, and that's it!
Things to consider before transferring
If you’d like to switch your pension to the Halifax there are a number of things you’ll need to consider before starting the transfer.
- Not all pensions are transferable - please contact your current provider first to find out if you’re able to transfer.
- Exit and transfer fees may apply with your existing pension provider.
- You may lose out on potential pension benefits with your current provider if you choose to transfer out.
- Costs vary between pension providers so it’s important to familiarise yourself with these differences. Additional charges apply for other services.
How long does it take to transfer my account?
Transfers usually take around 6 – 8 weeks however timescales are largely dependent on how quickly your current provider responds to our requests. If we have any issues with the transfer we’ll be in touch so make sure we’ve got your up-to-date contact details.
How much does transferring to Halifax cost?
We charge £60 per transferring pension up to a maximum of £300. Your existing provider may charge you transfer or closure fees so please keep this in mind when you're transferring.
Is there anything else I need to know?
As pension transfers can take several weeks to complete, there may be a period where you are unable to deal while the transfer is pending.
You should also check whether your current provider only allows transfers in the form of cash as you may suffer losses as a result of buying back the investments once the transfer has completed.
If you’re transferring funds then you should read about how funds are changing.
Please send your completed form to:
Halifax Share Dealing SIPP Administration Team
AJ Bell Management Limited