Switch to us in just seven working days
Switching your bank account to us is quick and easy. Just fill in our simple online form and we’ll take care of the rest. With the Current Account Switch Service it'll only take seven working days. And we’ll close down your old account for you when its done.Switch nowSwitch to Halifax
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
1 We use a range of third party providers for the Ultimate Reward Current Account benefits. For full details of the benefits, policies, account terms and conditions and the range of third party providers we use, please read the Getting Started Guide (PDF, 1.4MB).
Halifax current accounts and services are offered subject to status. Available only to personal customers aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK.
*Based on Halifax internal switch data since the Current Account Switch Service launched in September 2013
Whether you can have an arranged overdraft and the amount will depend upon your personal circumstances at the time you apply for one. Any overdraft we agree is repayable on demand.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk. You can also visit our Financial Services Compensation Scheme page for more details.
The Mobile Banking app is available to Online Banking customers with a UK personal account and valid registered phone number. Our app is available on devices running iOS or Android. (the app is not compatible with some older versions of the operating systems – check the App Store or Google Play for more details). Our app does not work on jailbroken or rooted devices. Device registration required. Terms and conditions apply. Mobile Banking services may be affected by phone signal.