Get £100 when you switch
Just open a new Ultimate Reward or Reward current account. Then use the Current Account Switch Service to transfer and close your account held elsewhere.
Choose from one of our bank accounts below.
Our range of bank accounts can offer you simplicity when managing your everyday spending, or a little bit more, with accounts that include a wide range of insurance benefits. Browse our variety of bank accounts today, to find the one that’s right for you and apply.
To qualify for the £100 switching offer (“the offer”) you must open a new Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account and use the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to switch into it from a bank account held with another bank. The following conditions apply:
- Apply for a new Reward Current Account (£3 monthly maintaining the account fee applies) or new Ultimate Reward Current Account (£17 monthly maintaining the account fee applies) (‘Qualifying Account’)
- Use the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to transfer all the active credits and debits from the bank account that you hold with another bank to the Qualifying Account which will close your old account with the other bank.
- Open your Qualifying Account between 07/04/21 and 04/05/21 and start the switch service by 04/05/21.
You are not eligible for the offer if:
- You open and switch to any account other than a new Reward Current Account or new Ultimate Reward Current Account.
- You switch to any existing Halifax account.
- You change your existing Halifax Current Account to a Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account and switch to that account.
- Since April 2020 you’ve received a switching offer for switching to a Reward Current Account or Ultimate Reward Current Account.
- You are switching to a joint account and one of the parties to the joint account has already received a switching incentive since April 2020.The bank you are switching from does not participate in the Current Account Switch Service. To find out more visit www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk
- The offer applies to applications received in branch, online or by phone from the 07/04/21 and 04/05/21. The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
- The offer does not automatically guarantee an arranged overdraft and any application for an arranged overdraft facility will be subject to status. If your account has an arranged overdraft you will not pay any daily arranged overdraft interest for 6 months provided you stay within your arranged overdraft limit and do not increase or otherwise alter the arranged overdraft limit agreed.
- After 6 months, or if you change your account, you will be charged daily arranged overdraft interest applicable to the account you hold if you use your arranged overdraft. Please see the Bank accounts and switching to us leaflet for full details on arranged overdraft interest. You will have been given this when you opened your account, but if you would like another one, please ask in branch or look at www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/current-accounts
- Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment.
- The offer will be paid directly into your account within 3 working days of your switch completing and will appear as a cash credit. The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
1 We use a range of third party providers for the Ultimate Reward Current Account benefits. For full details of the benefits, policies, account terms and conditions and the range of third party providers we use, please read the Getting Started Guide (PDF, 1.4MB).
Halifax current accounts and services are offered subject to status. Available only to personal customers aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK.
*Based on Halifax internal switch data since the Current Account Switch Service launched in September 2013
Whether you can have an arranged overdraft and the amount will depend upon your personal circumstances at the time you apply for one. Any overdraft we agree is repayable on demand.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk. You can also visit our Financial Services Compensation Scheme page for more details.