Looking for your next motor? Or got car finance you’d like to transfer? Let us sort it. Buying a car or switching to a better deal is simple. Use our online calculator to check out your finance options. Finance available to Halifax current account holders only.Car finance calculator
If you’ve been financially affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have support available relating to payment holidays, what options you have with your car finance agreement and managing your account online.
Car finance made simple
Step 1. You borrow the money to buy a car of your choice, or to switch existing finance to us.
Step 2. We pay the dealer/current finance provider direct once everything’s agreed.
Step 3. You repay a fixed amount each month until the end of the agreement
How do I get started?
Who can apply?
You’ll need to:
- hold a Halifax current account (min 3 months)
- live in the UK and aged 18 or over
- be registered for Online Banking
Lending is subject to status and additional affordability checks.
What are my car finance options?
- Fixed Car Finance (hire purchase), where you make fixed monthly repayments and own your car at the end
- Flex Car Finance (personal contract purchase), with low, fixed monthly repayments and either own the car by making a lump sum final payment or return it at the end
- Transfer car finance held elsewhere to get a better deal or spread the cost of a lump sum final payment
Need some extra help?
Handy car finance guides
If you find car finance and buying a car confusing, you might find these guides useful.
More help and support
Take a look at some of the most-commonly asked questions around car finance.
Get in touch
If you’ve got any questions or want to talk about your options, we’re here for you.
Call: 0333 202 7967. Lines are open from 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday, 9am – 1pm on Saturdays and closed on Sundays.
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.