Car finance help & guidance
Read our handy guides to find out more about car finance and how to manage your account online.
Buying a used car
When it comes to making a big purchase like a car, doing research up front could save you money in the future.
Our handy guide covers a number of things to look out for including:
- places you can buy a used car
- what to look for in a used car
- hints and tips on how to check a car over
- what to expect when purchasing the car
- how to negotiate when buying a used car
Good condition guide
At the end of your agreement you may choose to return your vehicle.
Throughout your agreement you must keep the vehicle in good condition allowing for fair wear and tear.
Our guide explains:
- what to expect at the end of your contract
- servicing and repairs of your car
- what is reasonable wear and tear
- how to carry out an inspection on your car
- what needs to be included when you return your car
Buying an electric car
If you’re thinking of going electric with your next car, it’s good to know what the facts are before you start.
Our useful guide covers:
- the difference between electric and hybrid cars
- the features and benefits of electric and hybrid cars
- details on keeping an electric car on the road
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.