I already invest with the Halifax
If you’re an existing customer and need a little guidance on managing your account then we can help.
Pick a topic
- Managing your ISA
- Trading support (international investments, tax forms and trading tools)
- Historic or branch investment accounts
- Dividend diary (updated monthly)
- Transferring to us from another broker
- Deposit a share certificate
- Understanding corporate actions (or corporate events)
- Popular statement(s) questions
- What to do when you have a bereavement
- Managing your Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP)
- Are you trying to find your Share Dealing accounts in Online Banking?
Managing your account
We explain how you can manage your share dealing account in our 3 minute video. It’s a quick guide to checking your valuation, transferring money or trading.
Do you need to update your personal details?
Get to know your Share Dealing account
Funding your account is simple:
- Sign in to your account and select ‘fund & withdraw’ from ‘account management’ from the right hand navigation
- Select ‘Transfer money in’ from your chosen account.
- Add the amount you wish to deposit and select ‘continue’.
Please note, if you wish to change the payment account select ‘change payment details’.
To withdraw money simply do the following:
- Sign in to your account and select ‘fund & withdraw’ from ‘account management’ in the right hand navigation
- Select ‘withdraw money out to’ from your chosen account.
- Add the amount you wish to withdraw and select ‘continue’.
You can only withdraw money to your bank which shows as 'available to withdraw'. Please note, if you want to withdraw money from a recent sale your trade will need to be settled. You can find the settlement date on your dealing reference number.
You can buy or sell investments in a few simple steps:
- Sign in to your account and select ‘dealing’ from the right hand navigation
- Select the type of investment and ‘buy’ or ‘sell‘ and enter the ‘stock company name’ or ‘company code’
- Choose the ‘number’ or ‘value’ of stock and select ‘continue’.
Regular investing allows you to top up your investments monthly:
- Sign in to your account and select ‘regular Investments’ from ‘dealing’ in the right hand navigation
- Select ‘Investment plan’ and ‘add Investment’ then add the ‘Investment name’ or ‘company code’
- Choose the ‘amount’ to invest and review the charges. If happy select ‘continue’.
Our charges are simple and competitive with no hidden fees. You'll pay the same amount no matter how much you invest.
- Are you looking for a full list of our charges? See our full list of charges (PDF, 56KB).
Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.