If you are coming to the end of your mortgage, credit card or loan payment holiday, we will contact you before it ends, there is no need to call us. You can use our coronavirus support tool to find the right solution for your needs and confirm what you would like to do in a few simple steps.

Contact us

Whether you have a general enquiry or a question about your investments we're here to help. If your question is account specific you’ll need to sign in first.

Please note, we are unable to update debit card details or place/amend deals or TradePlans over Web Chat.

Share Dealing Web Chat

For customers who have chosen their own investments.

Sign in to Share Dealing

Ready-made investments Web Chat

For customers who select from our ready-made investments.

Sign in to Online Banking

Our Web Chat service is available Monday to Friday, 8am - 9pm (closed weekends and English Bank Holidays).


Please note, all calls may be monitored or recorded.

Share Dealing:

Available Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm. We are closed during weekends and English bank holidays. 

  • Text phone (for customers with hearing or speech impairment): 0345 604 2543

Available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (closed weekends and English Bank Holidays).

Ready-made investments:

Available Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (closed weekends and English Bank Holidays).

Investments purchased in branch:

Available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 12:30pm

  • Halifax Stakeholder Pension Plan, Guaranteed Investment Plan and Personal Investment Plans: 0345 030 6244

Available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm.

Available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm

Email us

If you want to contact us by email, please use our online form.

  • For general enquiries:

    Customer Services Department
    Halifax Share Dealing Limited
    Lovell Park Road
    LS1 1NS

    SIPP administration enquiries:

    Halifax SIPP Administration Team
    AJ Bell Management Limited
    4 Exchange Quay
    Salford Quays
    M5 3EE

    Please include your name, address and account details in all letters so we can locate your account.

  • The Financial Ombudsman offers an independent review service. If you have a complaint about our service which we’re not able to resolve for you ourselves, you can ask the Ombudsman to look at your case for free.

    Please bear in mind that the Financial Ombudsman Service will only help if you’ve already referred a complaint to us. We will endeavour to put things right, however if you are not happy with the way in which we handled your complaint or the result, you may be able to complain to the Ombudsman. If you do not take up your problem with us first you will not be entitled to complain to the Ombudsman.

    Details of how to contact the Ombudsman are below:

    The Financial Ombudsman Service
    Exchange Tower
    E14 9SR

    Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service

    If you have entered into an agreement with us online you may direct your complaint through the European dispute resolution platform.

Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.

Eligible investments with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk/. You can also visit our Financial Services Compensation Scheme page for more details.