Life Insurance offer – Terms and Conditions
£100 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card offer– Terms and Conditions
You will receive this offer if:
- You take out a new Plan & Protect Life or Critical Illness (Body Cover) policy online between 28th September 2021 and 11th January 2022.
- You make three monthly premium payments.
- This offer is limited to one Gift Card per customer.
How to claim
- Within 30 days of your third successful monthly premium payment, an email or letter will be sent to you containing a £100 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
- The promoter of this offer is Scottish Widows, 25 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HN, part of Lloyds Banking Group. The administrator is Simply Thank You, Richmond Court, Morton Road, Darlington, DL1 4PT.
- Your Gift Card will be supplied by ‘Simply Thank You’ who are separate from Scottish Widows and not part of Lloyds Banking Group.
- We will need to share some of your details with Simply Thank You but this will be limited to details needed for them to supply the gift card to you. Simply Thank You will not use or share your details with other parties for marketing purposes
- There is no cash alternative.
- In the event of circumstances outside our control where an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card is not available, a similar alternative of equal value will be provided.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time.
- Scottish Widows reserves the right to withhold this offer should we discover or have a reasonable suspicion that the terms and conditions of this offer are being abused.
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards and Gift Vouchers (including products branded as Gift Certificates) ("Gift Cards") may only be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on www.amazon.co.uk. Purchases are deducted from the redeemer's Gift Card balance. Any unused Gift Card balance will be placed in the redeemer's Amazon.co.uk account. If a purchase exceeds the redeemer's Gift Card balance, the remaining amount must be paid with another payment method. Amazon EU S.à r.l. or its affiliates ("we", "us", and "our") may provide Gift Card purchasers with information about the redemption status of Gift Cards that they purchase. To view your Gift Card balance, visit Your Account on Amazon.co.uk. No fees apply to Gift Cards.
Gift Cards, including any unused Gift Card balances, expire ten years from the date of issuance. Gift Cards may not be redeemed for the purchase of products at www.amazon.at, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.com, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.in, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.com.mx, or any other website owned and operated by us, our affiliates, or any other person or entity, except as indicated by these terms and conditions. Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards, or as payment for a Prime membership fee. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, used for unauthorised commercial purposes, including to facilitate the resale or shipment of goods from Amazon.co.uk, redeemed for cash, or used in a manner otherwise prohibited by our Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards Restrictions and Prohibited Activities policy. Unused Gift Card balances in an Amazon.co.uk account may not be transferred to another Amazon.co.uk account.
3. Risk of Loss
The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission of the Gift Card to the purchaser or designated recipient, or our delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. We are not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
We will have the right to close customer accounts and take payment from alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on Amazon.co.uk or any of its affiliated websites set forth above.
5. Limitation of Liability
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
6. General Terms
The Amazon.co.uk Conditions of Use & Sale apply. Gift Cards are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l., a Luxembourg entity. When you purchase, receive or redeem a Gift Card, you agree that the laws of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg will govern these Gift Card terms and conditions. If you are a consumer and have your habitual residence in the European Union, you additionally enjoy the protection afforded to you by mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. We reserve the right to require additional verification of your identity, Gift Card or account ownership, or provision of an additional payment instrument, before you are able to apply a Gift Card to your account or your Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Balance to a purchase. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in our discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.