Voice ID - Fast, easy and safe
What is Voice ID?
Voice ID is a security feature for Telephone Banking customers. It confirms your identity simply by using your voice. You can set it up if you hold a bank, savings or credit card account with us.
- Fast - you won't need to remember security information or answer questions
- Easy - it's easy to set up and when you call us again, we'll confirm your identity by asking you to repeat the simple phrase: "My voice is my password"
- Safe - your voice is like your fingerprint and unique to you
For more information about our Telephone Banking Automated Service see below.
How does Voice ID work?
Once set up all you need to do is call us, enter your account details as usual and we’ll ask you to say the phrase "My voice is my password" to access your accounts. This makes banking over the phone with us fast, easy and safe.
Is it secure?
Voice ID analyses over 100 different characteristics of your voice which like your fingerprint, are unique to you. Such as, how you use your mouth and vocal chords, your accent and how fast you talk. It even recognises you if you have a cold or sore throat.
Set up Voice ID in three easy steps
Our Automated Service is a convenient, quick and easy way to manage your day-to-day banking.
Call us on 0345 720 3040 and tell us what you’d like to do. Our 24/7 automated service will recognise and respond to what you say. If you’d like to speak to someone you’ll be asked to tell us what you’d like to talk about so we can make sure we put you through to the best person to help. Our advisers are available 7am to 11pm.
Using our automated service you’ll be able to:
- Get balances on your account, including recent transactions and pending payments
- We’ll tell you the balance on the account you entered at the start of the call
- To hear the balance of a different account, say ‘balance’ or press 1 on your telephone keypad
- Just say ‘Recent transactions’ or press 2 and we’ll read your recent transactions in groups of 3 with the option to hear more.
- Transfer money and pay your bills
- Enquire or cancel direct debits
- Enquire, amend, cancel standing orders
- Switch to another account including linked business accounts
- Order replacement card or PIN’s, statements or a cheque or paying in book
Lines are open 24/7 and our advisers are available 7am to 11pm if you’d like more information.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at no more than local rate. If you need to call us from abroad, you can call us on +44 113 242 1984. Calls may be monitored and recorded.
Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.