Remortgage to us
You could save money by moving your mortgage to Halifax. Let us know what’s important to you and we can build the right deal together.
You could lose your home if you don’t keep up your mortgage repayments
Up to £1,000 cashback with Green Living Reward
You could qualify for up to £1,000 if you take out a qualifying mortgage and make one or more eligible energy efficient home improvements.
To find out full details of the offer including whether you are eligible, how to register and key dates, please click on the full details of the reward. Conditions and exclusions apply.
Remortgaging to us can take roughly 6 to 8 weeks to complete. There are lots of steps involved in the process, so it all depends on how long each step takes. This can vary based on your own personal circumstances.
Our Remortgage Service means we will not charge you for the survey of your property and we'll also pay for your basic legal work.
If you require any legal advice, you will have to pay for this yourself. When you apply, you will be able to confirm whether you are happy to use this service. If you choose not to use our Remortgage Service, you must arrange and pay for these services yourself.
Our free basic legal work includes:
- Checking information from the Land Registry relating to the property
- Contacting existing lenders to confirm outstanding balances
- Requesting funds upon completion
- Updating mortgage details at the Land Registry
You may need to pay additional legal fees in some cases, such as:
- Transfer of surplus funds upon completion
- Adding a new customer name or removing an existing customer name from the property register (Transfer of Equity)
- Extending a lease
- Shared Equity or Shared Ownership work
- Resolving name and address discrepancies
- Copy Documentation requirements
Our conveyancers will let you know if any additional legal fees apply.
The amount you could borrow depends on lots of factors. This includes how much your home is worth and how much you owe on your current mortgage.
We’ll assess how much we think you could afford to borrow, if you can borrow more than you owe and if you’ll need to pay a deposit.
In order for you to be able to borrow more, we’ll first need to find out how much equity you have in your home and your other outgoings.
If you’ve already borrowed against your mortgage to combine existing debts like credit cards and loans within the last 5 years, we won't be able to offer extra borrowing to pay off your debts again. Before you choose to borrow more against your home, it’s worth looking at other options.
When your current mortgage deal ends, your loan will be transferred to one of our Lender Variable Rates. At this point, you may choose to move your mortgage to a new product or deal for a set period of time.
It's sometimes possible to take a product rate with you to a new mortgage on a different property – we sometimes call this 'porting‘. Your Mortgage Illustration and offer letter will say if any of your products are portable.
When you apply for a remortgage with us, you do not need to do a mortgage Agreement in Principle.
If you want an idea of how much we could lend you, then you can apply for an AIP. It won’t affect your credit rating.
In order to remortgage to us, you’ll need to provide details about yourself and anyone else who is named on the mortgage:
- Name, address, date of birth and contact details.
- Monthly outgoings.
- Dependents and people you may care for.
- Retirement plans.
We’ll also need the following:
- Information about the property to be mortgaged, including the year it was built.
- Your lender and mortgage balance.
- Documents which confirm what you have told us.