Reward Current Account
Get more from your bank account with a monthly reward. There's a £3 monthly fee to maintain the account. If you pay in £1,500 or more each month you won’t pay the fee.
What else you get with a Reward Current Account
- Up to 15% Cashback - earn as you shop with Cashback Extras
- Contactless payments - pay, tap & go with a Visa Debit Card up to £100. You can now use our mobile banking app to choose a contactless payment limit between £30 & £95. You can also add your card to Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Save as you spend - round up your card payments to the nearest pound with Save the change
- Mobile alerts - available if you’d like help to stay in credit
- Money Smart - you can open our bank account and savings account for 11 to 15 year olds
5-star Mobile Banking App
Join the millions of customers who use this app for simple and safe everyday banking. It’s packed with features to save you time.
- Sign in quickly and securely - using your fingerprint or Face ID
- Fast payments - easily pay people and bills, including those you haven’t paid before
- Freeze your card - if you’ve misplaced your debit card or want to restrict how it’s used
- Pay in cheques - save a trip to the bank and deposit your cheques through the app
- Update your contact details - you can easily change your address and telephone number
- Call us from the app - we’ll already know it’s you so can quickly connect you without the usual security checks
Pay on your phone
You can use Apple Pay or Google Pay with your Halifax debit card to make mobile payments.
Ready to apply? Choose the right option for you below
If you do all of the three things below each calendar month you’ll earn your chosen reward monthly.
- Hold a Reward Current Account and paying £1,500 or more into your account each month. (a £3 monthly maintaining the account fee will apply for each month you pay in less, and you’ll not receive the rewards that month)
- Stay in credit
- Spend £500 or more each month on your debit card OR keep a £5,000 or more daily balance
- Rent two films each month throughout the year with Rakuten TV, worth up to £120
- Enjoy the latest releases, independent films award winning classics
- Browse through their catalogue of films at www.rakuten.tv
How does it work?
- Film rental codes will be sent via email to your registered email address with instructions on how to choose and access your films
- Codes are valid for 35 days from the date of issue
- Each Movie Voucher Code is valid for one Standard or High Definition (HD) movie rental on Rakuten TV. Codes are not valid for TV show rentals, movie purchases or movie rentals priced at £5.49 and above; including Home Premiere and Early Home Release movies, and movies in Ultra High Definition (UHD)
- Rented films can be viewed via the link provided in the email, the Rakuten app on compatible devices, or via www.rakuten.tv
- You can stream or download Rakuten TV films on most devices including Smart TVs, consoles, tablets and smartphones
Choose three digital magazine from a host of well-known titles. The magazines currently available are:
- Country Living
- ELLE Decoration
- Good Housekeeping
- Harper’s Bazaar
- House Beautiful
- Men’s Health
- Runner’s World
- Women’s Health
How does it work?
- A code will be sent via email to your registered email address with instructions on how to choose and access your magazines
- Codes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- Magazines can be read online or offline, through your internet browser, smartphone or tablet
- Enjoy one free cinema ticket each month to catch the latest blockbusters at Vue cinemas across the UK
- You’ll also get a code for half price popcorn
- You can use the cinema voucher for 2D, 3D or Xtreme films screenings. If there are any VIP seats available at your screening, then you'll get a free upgrade too
- Codes are valid for 12 months, so you can save them for a film you’ve been waiting for
How does it work?
- A ticket voucher code will be sent via email to your registered email address and can be used to make bookings online at www.myvue.com or at the box office at any Vue cinema in the UK only
- Voucher codes are valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue and are not subject to time extensions
- Voucher codes can be used to make bookings for 2D, 3D & Xtreme screenings any day of the week. No additional booking costs apply
- Additional upgrade fees will apply
- You can earn up to £5 each calendar month – that’s up to £60 a year
- You can keep on top of your progress for each monthly £5 offer by using the Reward Extras Tracker
How does it work?
- As long as you meet the criteria for Reward Extras and have selected the £5 benefit, you don’t need to do anything else
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information and FAQs, please read the Account Switching Guide (PDF, 1.7MB).
Money Smart is our bank account and savings account for 11 to 15 year olds with parental oversight. They get their own bank account and savings account and a contactless Visa debit card. Plus, there are no monthly fees and you get full visibility of your child’s account activity through our Mobile Banking app or Online Banking.
To open Money Smart with your child you must:
- be 18 or over and your child be between 11 and 15 years old
- have an existing Ultimate Reward Current Account or Reward Current Account
- have an existing Kids' Saver or Kids' Monthly Saver for the child
- be registered for Online Banking
- both be living at the same UK address. If you or the child live outside the UK, you won’t be able to open an account for them.
How do I know if I'll get my reward each month?
Use the Reward Extras Tracker to check if you’re on course to get your reward each month.
You can find the tracker under your account options in Online Banking and the Mobile Banking App.
When will I get my reward?
If you’ve done all the things we asked of you at the end of the month, you’ll get your reward around the 12th of the following month.
If you’ve selected a lifestyle benefit, you’ll receive the offer each month to your registered email address.
If you’ve selected the £5 offer, we’ll pay it into your account and it’ll appear on your statement. It’s as simple as that.
What kind of spending counts towards the offer?
There are a few payments which don’t count for Reward Extras offers:
- When you take cash out of a cash machine, branch or Post Office counter.
- When you make a money transfer to another account.
Any payments being queried or disputed won't count towards the £500 or £5,000. And we’ll only count payments that leave your account by the last day of the month.
But all purchases on your card count. This includes purchases you make online, in-store and abroad.
You can also use digital wallets, like Apple Pay, Google Pay or similar schemes, as long as they’re linked to your registered debit card.
Can I use this offer with a joint account?
Yes. Each month you just need to meet the offer conditions with your joint account.
Keep in mind, each joint account can only have one Reward Extras offer. You will only receive one benefit per account.
How long does the offer last?
All offers will last for at least 12 full calendar months from the day you choose to add it to your account. So if you added the offer on 10 July this year, it would end on 31 July next year. If you met the conditions for the £5 reward from 10 July to 31 July this year, then you'd still get £5 for July as well.
Once you’ve added a Reward Extras offer, you can’t switch to another offer until the 12 months have passed.
We’ll get in touch before your offer ends to let you know what will happen next.
What happens if I close my account?
You need to keep your account open to get your Reward Extras offer.
If you close your account before you’re due to get your offer then you won’t get your reward, even if you met all of the conditions in the previous month.
When does my offer start?
Your offer will start on the day you add it to your account. If you’re renewing, it will start the day after the current one expires.
For more information read the Reward Extras Terms and Conditions (PDF, 54KB)
For more information and terms & conditions for this current account, read the Bank Account Getting Started Guide (PDF, 1.1MB)
For more information about the fees associated for Payment Services with this account please see the Fee Information Document (PDF, 138KB)
For more information on lifestyle benefits, read the Lifestyle Benefits Terms and Conditions (PDF, 312KB)