Are you thinking of buying a new car, doing a spot of DIY or tidying up your borrowing but you are not sure how much to borrow? Use our loan calculator to help you.
Why choose Halifax?
- Quick and easy – get your decision in minutes and your money will be paid in to your bank account on the same day, if your application is approved between 9am 8:30pm. Otherwise you’ll receive your funds at 9am on the next working day.
- Flexible – take up to two repayment holidays per year (subject to application) and make additional payments with no extra charge. You can also pay off your loan early - just be aware, we’ll charge up to 58 days’ interest for early settlement.
Login to get a personalised quote based on your individual circumstances. Or you can get an illustrative quote using the calculator below. This is only a representative example and may be different to your personal rate.
You could borrow £10,000 over 48 months with 48 monthly repayments of £223.32. Total amount repayable will be £10,719.36. Representative 3.5% APR, annual interest rate (fixed) 3.45%.
This representative APR applies to loans of £7,500 to £25,000 over 1 to 5 years. Other terms and loan amounts are available at different rates. The maximum APR you could be offered is 29.9% APR.
The representative APR is the rate that at least 51% of people are expected to receive when taking out a loan within the stated amount and term range.
You can enter how much you would like to borrow and over how long you would like to pay it back. Or you can use the sliders to increase or decrease the amount and the number of months.
You’ll then see an example of how much you need to pay each month and the total cost of the loan, based on this illustrative APR. When you apply, you'll get a rate which is based on your personal circumstances and so may be different to the APR shown in the loan calculator.
APR (annual percentage rate) gives you an idea of the total cost of a loan and is a good way of comparing loans. This is shown as a percentage and includes any interest and fees that are charged to your account.
Everyone receives a personalised APR when they apply.
The rate shown on our loan calculator is for illustrative purposes only. When you apply, we will give you a personalised quote based on a number of factors, including:
- your credit repayment history
- your past account history
- how much you want to borrow
- how long you want to repay the loan over
- other personal details held on our records.