Can I rent out my home?
You can apply to rent out your home. If we agree, we may apply some charges to your account while you rent out your property. We’ll explain these when you apply.
Things to consider:
- You have to ask us if you want to rent out your home. See our Letting without permission section for the impact not asking us can have on your mortgage payments.
- You must follow rules and laws that apply to a landlord letting a property.
- You can't usually rent out your home if you bought it under the Help to Buy scheme.
- We don't allow multiple tenancies. We allow up to five tenants on one tenancy. All tenants must be party to one agreement.
- Don't forget to let us know once you move back in so we can update your correspondence address. Call us on 0345 600 9026.