VISA debit cards at a glance:
- Security and protection against fraud and issues with goods bought from retailers, you could use VISA Chargeback to claim your money back
- A safe and convenient alternative to carrying cash
- Accepted worldwide wherever you see the VISA sign
- Make contactless payments with your debit card or even using Apple Pay or Google Pay up to the value of £45
- Control - every purchase itemised on your statement
Going abroad soon? You no longer need to tell us
You no longer have to tell us when you are travelling abroad. Our fraud and security systems are always on the lookout for suspicious activity on your accounts meaning you can relax when you are away making going abroad stress free.
Before going abroad
- Check fees outside the UK here.
- Ensure your cards do not expire when you are away. Please check your expiry date.
- Take another form of payment in case of emergency.
- Ensure your contact details are up to date so we can contact you if we are concerned there may be fraudulent activity on your account - update here.
- Take note of our overseas number to call in an emergency: +44 (0)113 242 1984.
- Have an enjoyable trip!
Whether it’s grabbing a bite to eat or booking this year’s sunny break, your Visa debit card is the easy way to pay.
- Flexible enough to use for everyday shopping and larger one-off items.
- Book or buy securely on the web or over the phone.
- Pay your bills easily, whether they’re one off or regular.
- Withdraw up to £500 a day.
- No need to queue at an ATM, get up to £100 cashback at most supermarkets.
Withdraw money from any cash machine that shows the LINK or VISA sign.
Next time you’re planning to go abroad, you can use your VISA debit card for all your purchases and to withdraw cash at ATMs, just as you do at home wherever you see the VISA symbol.
Charges will apply for using your card abroad. Find out more about the costs of using your debit card abroad.