Coronavirus (COVID 19) additional support
Free, independent support
If you’d like to speak to someone independent, below is a list of other organisations that give free debt advice and can help with whatever money worries you have.
If you don’t know where to start, the Money Navigator Tool on the Money Advice Service gives instant help based on what you tell it about your circumstances.
You can also get advice on how to deal with financial difficulties as a result of coronavirus on the FCA website.
Useful links and telephone numbers:
If you need extra support to make your payments
A Term Extension can help you manage your monthly payments.
If you’re not able to restart your full monthly payments, we may be able to increase the length of your agreement which will reduce how much you pay each month. This is called a Term Extension.
A Term Extension will cost you more in the long term as it will take you longer to pay back the amount borrowed. If you ask us for a Term Extension we’ll need to do a credit file check and you’ll need to sign an agreement to confirm you’re happy with the changes.
If you’ve already taken a payment holiday before taking a Term Extension, you won’t need to pay any extra amounts added for taking a payment holiday.
As part of the application, you will be able to use a Term Extension calculator to work out the best option for you. You can also use the Budgeting Tool to work out how much you can afford to pay each month.
To apply for a Term Extension, you can log into your online account and select ‘Help to manage your payments’.
If your payment is due within the next 8 days, you should wait until after you have made your next monthly payment to apply for a Term Extension. If you can’t make your next payment, call us on 0333 202 7967 to see how we can help.
If you don’t want to keep your vehicle, you can end your agreement early and hand it back to us. This is called Voluntary Termination and you may still have an amount to pay if you do this.
If you want to keep your vehicle, there are options such as giving you a period of breathing space to sort out your finances or a reduced payment plan. These options will impact your credit file, so make sure you talk to us about what this means for you.
PCP End of Contract
I'm reaching the end of my Flex Car Finance (PCP) contract and need to check on next steps.
Keep the vehicle
If you wish to keep the vehicle, you will need to pay the optional final payment. You can do this online or by calling us on 0333 202 7967 and selecting the 'make a payment' option.
Return the vehicle
If you wish to return the vehicle to us, we can arrange this for you. Due to Government guidance our collection process might take longer than usual. So get in touch as soon as you can.
If your end of contract date is more than 28 days away, you don't need to take any action at the moment. Please contact us when your end of contract payment date is within 28 days and we can help you with what to do next.
If your end of contract date is within 28 days, you should do the following:
- Email us at Mbox-PCPReturns@lbgassetfinance.co.uk to confirm that you wish to return the vehicle. You'll need to include your agreement number. We'll be back in touch as soon as we can to arrange collection.
- If you haven't already done so, please cancel your direct debit so that no further payments are made to us. Your agreement will be placed on hold until the vehicle is collected. You'll not be charged any late payment fees. We'll also ensure that there is no impact on your credit file.
- You must stop using the vehicle by your end of contract date.
- This is the due date for your optional final lump sum payment. You'll find this in the reminder letters that we sent you advising that your contract is coming to an end.
- You must keep your insurance and Road Tax in place until your vehicle is collected.
- You'll need to keep the vehicle safe and in your possession until we collect it. We do ask that you ensure the vehicle is maintained. Please top up oil and water levels when needed and start the engine and let it run for 15 minutes each week.
- You'll still have to pay any charges that may be due if you have exceeded the mileage allowance. You'll find your mileage allowance and excess mileage rate on your agreement. You'll also have to pay any charges that may be due for damage to the vehicle other than fair wear and tear. We'll contact you about any charges that may be due after the vehicle has been collected.
I want to exercise my right to terminate my agreement.
If you want to end your agreement and return the vehicle, please send an email to Collections.VTMailbox@lbgassetfinance.co.uk.
You'll need to include your agreement number and a telephone number so that we can call you back. We'll call you back as soon as we can to explain how this works. We are currently receiving a very high number of calls and emails so it may take us a few days to call you back.Back to top
Due to Government guidance our collection process might take longer than usual. So get in touch as soon as you can.
You can use our online service to complete the actions below. You will need to sign in to your account using your date of birth, postcode and agreement number. You then need to click on the relevant button.
Change my payment date
You can change your payment date online. Select the ‘change payment date’ button. You will be shown the amount that will be due for changing your payment date. You will need to make the changes at least 5 days before your next monthly payment is due. If you are unable to process a payment date change online, you can call us on 0333 202 7967.Back to top
Change my address
You can change your address online. Select the ‘update address’ button and you can input your new address.Back to top
Change my bank details
You can change your bank details online. Select the ‘update bank details’ button and you can input your new bank details.Back to top
Request a statement
You can obtain a statement of account online. Select the ‘request a statement’ button.Back to top
Update contact details
You can update your contact details online. Select the ‘update contact details’ button.Back to top
Check my account details
You can check details of your account online. You can check the balance, term, APR, last payment date and amount, and your next payment date and amount.Back to top
Telephone opening hours
Please self serve where possible in the first instance.
Lines are open from :
- Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm
- Saturday - 9am- 1pm
- Sunday - CLOSED