Help with your mortgage payments
How to find more help and support
Apply for a plan or a hold that works for you
We can now give you even more help online to meet your needs – whether you’re behind with payments and want a plan or simply need a hold and some time to get advice.
We'll ask you a few quick questions first and then we'll see if we can:
- come up with a plan to help you pay off the amount you're behind by
- give you a hold and the time and space to get some free independent help and advice
- set up a temporary plan to lower or stop your payments for a while - this isn't a payment holiday
Think about the impact
All our options are different, as they're designed around you. But they may have an impact on you too.
Before you apply, do make sure that you:
- understand what your account will look like when a plan or hold ends - as not all of them will bring your account up to date
- know how it might affect interest and your credit score
So please read it carefully.
Other options you may want to think about
If you’re in the last 3 months of your current mortgage, or you’re on a standard variable rate, you might want to think about switching to a new deal.
- You could reduce your monthly payment amount
- Save more in the long term if you switch to a lower interest rate
- No legal fees or valuation charges
Other options to reduce your payments
Talk through your options, including extending your mortgage term or moving to an interest-only mortgage. We’ll explain all the choices available to you.
- Make your payments more affordable
- Find the right solution for your needs with some expert help from us
- Talk to us from home and no need to visit a branch