SignVideo Interpreting service
SignVideo provides our deaf customers easy access to an online interpreter enabling them to communicate with us using sign language.
The service enables deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind customers to sign to an interpreter and the interpreter speaks to an adviser. It’s simple, fast and secure.
Just one way in which we have adapted our range of financial services to make them accessible to everyone.
How does it work?
To contact the SignVideo Interpretation Service via a computer you’ll need video capability and broadband access and then follow these steps:
- Click on the Connect now button below
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter and tell them you are calling Halifax.
- You will then be connected to an advisor in British Sign Language (BSL).
Please note that SignVideo offer this service to Macbooks and PCs running Windows.
What you can do
- Speak to an adviser.
- Handle everyday banking on your personal current, savings, share dealing and credit card accounts.
- Pay bills and transfer money to any UK account* using our no-wait automated service.
- and much more.
*If you’re sending money to a new recipient, you’ll need to speak to an adviser first to set them up as a payee.
Check your Operating system requirements
Before using SignVideo BSL Live, please ensure you meet these basic requirements as a minimum:
- PC with a webcam.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer V7, 8 or 9 or Safari.
- Bandwidth of at least 256 kbp/s upload and download (384 kbp/s recommended).
Note: If this is your first time, you will need to download a one-off Live plug-in. The Live plug-in enables good video quality and ensures that your calls are secure. Please follow the instructions once you are connected to the Web Access page.
This service to Halifax is free from your own home, (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).