Accessing our website
We know how important it is for you to be able to access what you need online. Find out how we build our website to make sure anybody can use it.
So much of what we need to know or do is online these days. To help you, we make sure our website is user friendly for everybody. This means that:
- We use the W3C standards for HTML and CSS.
- We are working towards AA level of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.
- The Digital Accessibility Centre test how accessible our online content is. Their process includes over 800 hours of testing by disabled users. They also have experts who run manual tests.
- Some documents are in PDF format and we'll tell you where this is the case.
- All our images have alternative text to describe them to you. This means that even if you can’t see the image, you can still understand what it means.
- We use strong colour contrasts to make sure that text is clear to read.
- We use plain English which is easy to understand. We avoid using jargon where we can and explain it when we can’t.
While we do our best to make sure you don't have any problems using the website, we know that sometimes you might find things that cause you a problem. We are always working to get rid of these issues.
Specialist help and support
If you find it hard to use your device, AbilityNet can help.
Their My Computer My Way website has lots of advice on how to make your phone, computer, or tablet easier to use. It has step by step guides on how to adapt your device to meet your needs.
AbilityNet also offer free help on how to use your devices if you have a disability. You can call them for free on 0800 269 545 if you would like more information.
To use our Mobile Banking app you need to have a valid phone number registered to your account and be set up to manage your accounts using Online Banking.
Our app is available to iPhone and Android users only and minimum operating systems apply, so check the App Store or Google Play for details. Device registration required. The app doesn’t work on jailbroken or rooted devices. Terms and conditions apply.