- To go paper-free for all your eligible accounts, select ‘Continue’ under statements and correspondence and follow the on screen instructions.
- To go paper-free on selected accounts, expand the ‘see preferences’ option and select the accounts you want paper-free statements and/or correspondence for.
Printing your statements
It’s now even easier to print your online statements:
You can view, download and print a copy of your paper statement in PDF format for your Personal Current Accounts and Savings Accounts from your Digital Inbox.
Credit Card and Personal Loans statements are also available in PDF format from your account statement page, allowing you to easily download and print whenever you want.
How far back can I access statements?
Personal Current Accounts and Savings Accounts
You can access your account statements in PDF format from your Digital Inbox going back to January 2018.
You can access your bank account and savings statements from 2005.
You can view your latest statements as well as historical statements back to November 2012.
You can view your latest statements as well as historical statements back to April 2014.
Your Digital Inbox
Your Digital Inbox is where you’ll receive electronic versions of your Personal Current Account and Savings Account statements and correspondence, and Personal Loan correspondence that you would normally receive in the post.
For Credit Card and Personal Loan statements, we’ll send your statement to your account statement page. If you opt into receiving these documents online, we’ll stop sending your statements and some correspondence by post. Instead, we’ll send you an email when you receive a new document in your Digital Inbox.
The online version will look very similar to the letters you receive in the post.
How will I view paper-free statements?
Personal Current Account or Savings Account
You can view your account statement in PDF format from your Digital Inbox.
You can also view a PDF of your transactions from your statement page by using the 'Statement Options' dropdown at the top of the statement page.
Credit Card or Personal Loans
You can view your statement online at any time by signing in to Online Banking. You can use the online search function to view, download or print your statements. Your account statements will be displayed as PDF (Portable Document Format) files.
How will I view paper-free correspondence?
Personal Current Account/Personal Loans/Savings Account
You can view your correspondence online at any time by signing in to Online Banking. Your correspondence will be displayed as PDF documents in your Digital Inbox, which you can access by going to the 'Account Overview' page. You can use your Digital Inbox to view, organise and print selected correspondence.
We will send the following correspondence to your Digital Inbox:
- Larger Notices of Variation.
- Updates to charges and fees.
- Certain other letters about your account.
You’ll continue to receive some documents and information by post, such as annual statements or any arrears notices.
Why go paper-free?
Paper-free, or paperless, is a way that you can receive electronic statements and/or correspondence for eligible Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Current Accounts and Savings Accounts.
It’s the secure and convenient way to cut down on your filing and find the information you need in one central place – to view, print and download whenever you need to.
Here's why you should go paper-free:
- Download and access your Credit Card, Personal Loans, Current Accounts and Savings Accounts statements safely and securely online.
- Quickly and easily search your Current Account, Savings Account, Credit Card and Personal Loans transactions by date, amount or payment type.
- Cut down on paper because we won’t print and post every statement automatically.
- You can still order paper copies of your Savings Account, Current Account and Personal Loans statements in just a few clicks. The first copy of each statement is free for paper-free customers. But for Credit Cards, there's a charge for it.
- If you don't choose to go paper-free, you'll still receive paper copies.
For more information Read our paper-free terms and conditions.
Do you know about your Digital Inbox?
Your Digital Inbox is where you'll receive electronic versions of your Personal Current Account and Savings Account statements and correspondence, and Personal Loan and Credit Card correspondence that you would normally receive in the post.
For Credit Card and Personal Loan statements, we'll send your statement to your account statement page. If you opt into receiving these documents online, we'll stop sending your statements and some correspondence by post. Instead, we’ll send you an email when you receive a new document in your Digital Inbox or account statement page.
We’ll never change any documents held in your Online Banking Digital Inbox or your personal account area after we’ve sent them. These documents cannot be deleted as we want them to be accessible whenever you need them, however you will be able to move them to the Archive.