Take a look at our Insurance products; Home, Car and Life. We’ve got you covered.
If it is important to you, we can help you cover it. We offer a range of insurance products to cover your home, car and life. Take a look at the information below to help you find insurance cover to suit your needs.
Protect your home with us and we’ll take care of you. Here are 3 reasons our home insurance can give you peace of mind:
- Somewhere to stay – For you, your family and pets if your home is unfit to live in due to a claim
- Help 24/7 – An emergency helpline available to you, 24/7.
- Repairs – All claims-related work carried out by our approved contractors is guaranteed for 12 months.
Limits, terms and exclusions apply. Halifax home insurance is underwritten by Lloyds Bank General Insurance Limited.
Protect what matters most and get peace of mind with our Life insurance and critical illness cover. Here are the ways it could help:
- Your loved ones – getting cover could make sure that they'll be protected if anything happens to you.
- Covering your mortgage - If something happens to you, your cover could pay out a cash lump sum to help your loved ones pay off the mortgage.
- Getting married or having children - This can be a good time to think about how cover could help to protect your family in case of the unexpected.
Simple monthly cover that you can manage online. Made with renters and tenants in mind:
- Free for 60 days– get a quote online and receive your first 60 days of renters insurance free*
*New home cover policies only. A payment may
occur within the 60 day period. Terms and conditions apply.
- Optional Anywhere cover– for an extra cost add worldwide cover for up to 5 things, like your bike or gadgets.
Limits, terms and exclusions apply. Halifax Renters insurance is underwritten by Lloyds Bank General Insurance Limited.
Get cover you can rely on with our car insurance. Here are some of the benefits that you can expect:
- My account - Manage your policy 24/7 with ‘My Account’ access.
- Help 24/7 - An emergency claims helpline available to you, 24/7.
- Optional extras – Want extra peace of mind? You can upgrade your car insurance policy from our range of additional cover options.
Your questions answered
Home Insurance can protect you from the cost of damage to the structure of your home and what’s inside. There are three main types of home insurance:
- Buildings. Covers the building itself.
- Contents. Covers the things inside your home.
- Combined. Covers both buildings and contents together.
You’ll be covered if your items or home is damaged by an event that’s covered in your policy. These events usually include fire, flood, storm or theft. More about home insurance.
Life insurance can act like a safety net and could help your loved ones cope financially when you can’t be there. It pays out a cash lump sum if you die before your policy ends. Check out our what is life insurance page.
Critical illness cover could help you and your loved ones meet day-to-day costs and let you focus on your own health and wellbeing. It pays out a cash lump sum if you are diagnosed with an illness covered by your policy before it ends. Check out our what is critical illness cover page.
Renters insurance is contents cover made with renters and tenants in mind. It covers the things inside your home that belong to you. Your landlord should have buildings cover which covers the buildings itself. You’ll be covered if your things are damaged by an event that’s covered in your policy. These events usually include theft and damage caused by fire or flooding. More about renters insurance.
Car insurance can pay out if your car is stolen, vandalised, catches fire or you are involved in an accident. It protects you against any damage you cause to other road users or property. Your level of cover depends on the type of policy you take out. More about car insurance.
Insurance is a financial product that safeguards you and/or your property against the risk of loss damage or theft. When you buy insurance, you transfer the cost of a potential loss to the insurance company in exchange for a fee. Insurance companies then pay out if there is a claim. If you don’t make a claim, you won’t get your money back.
Some types of insurance you have to take out by law such as car insurance.
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.