Alerts help you manage your money and avoid charges by reminding you when you need to pay cleared funds into your account. They can also help you avoid going into an unarranged overdraft.
To help you minimise charges we’ll let you know by text when:
- You're about to use or you've started using your arranged overdraft.
- We’ve started to charge you for using an arranged overdraft.
To stop these alerts, text STOPA to 65552 or to opt back in, text STARTA to the same number.
To help you manage your balance we’ll let you know by text when:
- You need to pay money into the account to cover a standing order.
- We refuse a payment.
- You’re about to use or have started using an unarranged overdraft.
To stop these alerts, text STOPU to 65552 or to opt back in, text STARTU to the same number.
Opting in and out of these alerts is free from a UK mobile number. You can stop all overdraft alerts by texting STOP to 65552 or to opt back in, text START to the same number. Stopping alerts may mean you incur avoidable costs. Your preference to opt in or out of alerts will be applied to all your accounts.
If you have a Youth / Islamic / Basic account, we will only send you unarranged overdraft alerts.
We will also send you text alerts when:
- We are asked to change your phone number.
- You set up a new person or company to receive a payment or
- We need to speak to you before we make a payment.
- We suspect any fraud related activity.
You cannot stop these alerts.
You can receive mobile alerts abroad, but please check with your service provider for any charges you may incur. If you have an international number registered with us, you may be charged when using the opt-out service.
If you opt-out you may miss important messages about your account so make sure you keep track of your balance and regularly check your statements through Mobile, Online or Telephone Banking.
Banking with us is even better with the app
You can also use our Mobile Banking app to keep track of what's going in and coming out of your account at any time, including checking your balance and pending transactions. It’s secure, convenient and free.