Sending money outside the UK - Online Banking Guide
The guide below will show you how to send money outside the UK or in a foreign currency using Online Banking.
- Select 'Pay someone new' if you are sending money abroad for the first time to a new recipient and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are sending money to someone you've paid before choose 'Select an international recipient’.
- Type in how much you'd like to send in pounds (GBP). The foreign currency amount will update automatically.
- If you prefer, you can type in how much you'd like to send in a foreign currency. The pounds (GBP) amount will update automatically.
- Click on the flag icon if you prefer to send money in a different currency to our standard currency for the recipient's country.
- Select 'Continue' to review payment details. If you are happy with the details, select 'Confirm Payment' to complete the payment request - you may be asked to input your password for security purposes. If you're sending money to a new recipient you may be asked to verify your transaction through a telephone call so have your phone to hand.
If you'd like to change your payment request select 'Edit payment details’.