Help with a complaint
We're sorry that you're not happy with the service we've provided. Let us try to help you, then if you still need to make a complaint you can find the details about how to contact us on this page.
Let us help you with some common queries
Still need to make a complaint?
If you'd like to talk to us about a query or complaint, please get in touch.
Our promise to you
Our aim is to offer great products and excellent service, but we know sometimes things can go wrong. If you have any reason at all to complain, we make you a promise:
- We'll do our very best to put things right as soon as you get in touch.
- Where that's not possible, we will make sure you have the contact details of the person or team dealing with your complaint.
- No matter how you choose to tell us about your complaint, whether it is by phone, in branch, or in writing, we will give it our full attention and commitment to resolving it for you.
Secure Online Form
Please note that we're currently prioritising our most vulnerable customers. This means it could take between 1-8 weeks for us to come back to you with a resolution.
If you need help more urgently with a product or service, please use our help and support page. If you can't find what you're looking for please call us, or send us a message using our Mobile Banking app.
Please note: By completing this form you consent to us recording all the details you share, however we'll only use what you tell us in relation to this complaint.
If you contact us online we will receive your complaint/feedback sooner.
If you choose to write to us, please include your account details and address along with the above information.
You can write to us at:
Head of Customer Services
PO Box 761
We'll treat your complaint in exactly the same way whether we receive the complaint directly from you or from a Claims Management Company (CMC). You don't need to use a CMC and they'll typically charge an upfront fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. By coming directly to us you'll not be disadvantaged.
- We will do all we can to resolve your complaint on the same day.
- If we do not manage to resolve the complaint within 5 working days we'll write to give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response.
- Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated, (we may call you for further details) we will issue a ‘final response’ to your complaint.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response:
- If your complaint relates to payment services or e-money (e.g. Direct Debit, Online Transaction) we aim to issue a final response within 15 business days after receiving your complaint. Should something outside of our control cause a delay, the FCA gives us a maximum of 35 business days.
- For all other types of complaint the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us eight weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.
Halifax is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, which offers an independent review service. So, if you're still not happy with the agreement we have proposed, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to look at your case for free.
We can provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 023 4 567