Closing your account and gifting to charity

If you’d like to close your account and gift your remaining cash and/or stock to charity, then you can do this using our online form. You can use the form to donate stock and/or cash up to a value of £250.

Please note: charitable donations may have tax implications for some customers. If you’re unsure then please seek professional tax advice.

Share Gift logo

ShareGift specialises in releasing value from small shareholdings, generating a multi-million pound stream of funding for thousands of charities.

ShareGift, The Orr Mackintosh Foundation Limited. Registered office: 4th Floor Rear, 67/68 Jermyn Street, London SW1Y 6NY. Registered Charity no. 1052686.

You can use this form to close your account if:

  1. You have a sole account; and,
  2. You have a single nationality.

Once this form is submitted, we will close all Halifax Share Dealing Accounts, ShareBuilders and Stocks and Shares ISAs associated with your Personal Reference Number (PRN). We will confirm by email once your account is closed which may take up to 90 days and you may continue to receive statements during this time.

If you want to donate more than £250 in cash, have dual nationality, or want to close a SIPP or Junior ISA, then please call us on 0345 722 5525 to close your account and discuss your options. Our opening times are 8am to 9pm, Monday to Friday.

Important details at a glance

Important details at a glance

  • All money held in the account (less any admin fees owed) will be donated to our charity of the year. Please note: any money withdrawn from your ISA cannot be replaced without counting towards the annual subscription limit.
  • Any stock held in the account will be donated to ShareGift, The Orr Mackintosh Foundation.
  • We will cancel any regular investments and arrange for any pending dividends to be sent to your nominated bank account.
This should match your passport
If you have dual nationality then please call us on 03457 22 55 25 to close your account.
This is the national identifier which matches your nationality. For example, for the UK it would be National Insurance (NI) number.
Please enter your mobile phone number. If you don’t have a mobile then please use your landline number.
Submit form