Contact us in a way that suits you
Whether it’s over the phone, by video, or in branch, speaking to one of our mortgage advisers has never been easier. Simply choose how you’d like to talk to us.
We're here when you are
Call us on 0345 850 3705 to speak to one of our mortgage experts by phone or video. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8 am – 8pm and Saturday 9am – 4pm. We're closed Sundays and bank holidays.
We may monitor and record telephone calls to help us provide a higher level of service.
Talk to a branch
We continue to follow UK Government guidance to ensure the wellbeing of both our colleagues and customers.
You can request a telephone or video appointment with a Mortgage Adviser from your local branch and they will call you back to agree a day and time.
You could lose your home if you don’t keep up your mortgage repayments
Why a Mortgage Video Call could be the right choice for you:
If you’d prefer to talk to a mortgage adviser face to face and from a place that suits you, our video call service could be the perfect option. You'll need a Wi-Fi connection for a video call.
- Get everything done in one call - Video calls a quick way to apply with one of our mortgage advisers.
- View and share documents on screen - Your mortgage adviser will talk you through everything you need to know.
- You don’t have to be on camera - Don’t worry, you’ll be able to see us, but we don’t need to see you.
- Join the call from multiple locations - If there’s more than one person applying, you can join the call from different locations.
What is a Mortgage video call?
Mortgage Video call is our service offering face-to-face appointments with a mortgage adviser using video technology.
How can a Mortgage Video Call help me?
Mortgage Video Call is secure and easy to use. It offers the convenience of speaking to a mortgage adviser face to face from wherever suits you best.
You’ll be able to see your important documents on screen during the application – and ask any questions as you go along.
In most cases you can upload your documents to us straight from your computer, or by taking a photo of them on your smart phone.
How does a Mortgage Video Call work?
You can have a Video Call at a time that’s suitable for you.
Call us on 0345 850 3705 . We’re available from 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 4pm Saturdays.
Once a time is agreed, we will email you with details of how to join.
If using a laptop or desktop, you will be asked to join a secure meeting.
If using a tablet or smartphone, you will need to download the free CISCO WebEx app from your device's app store.
At the time of the appointment the mortgage adviser will call you on your phone to guide you through the simple setup.
During your appointment you’ll see your mortgage adviser at all times, and your documents will be laid out in the main part of the screen.
You’ll be emailed a copy of your paperwork as soon as your appointment is over.
What’s the best way to prepare?
The most important thing is to find somewhere private and comfortable where you’ll be happy talking about your finances without distraction.
Also ensure that you have a strong secure broadband connection.
You’ll be asked about the property, your income and expenses.
It’s important to have documents like your pay slips, tax statements and bank statements handy. You’ll be given a full list of what you need when we’ve understood your situation.
If you’re going to use your tablet or smartphone, you’ll need to navigate to your app store and install the Cisco WebEx Meetings app before you can join a video call meeting.
For laptops and desktops, your mortgage adviser will ask you to join a secure meeting when it’s time to start your appointment.
What devices can I use for a video appointment?
- Laptop and desktop computers.
- Tablet and smartphone devices.
- The above devices must be connected by broadband and be enabled with webcam, speakers and microphone.
This service works on most up to date computers and tablets. You’ll see a message on screen during installation if your internet browser or operating system isn’t compatible. Sometimes this is easily resolved by updating to the latest version.
What do we do if it’s a joint mortgage application?
For joint applications, we can connect from multiple locations, so don’t worry if you are not in the same physical location. All parties need the required technology (laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone) then we can conduct the appointment over video.
We have conducted video calls from hotels, work, abroad and oil rigs in order to help you get a suitable time to support you with your mortgage.
Points to remember
- Your mortgage adviser will guide you step-by-step through your mortgage application, and answer any questions you may have.
- You’ll be able to review your documents on screen with your mortgage adviser.
- You can work through the application at a pace that suits you best, and take a break if you wish to review your mortgage illustration.
- The appointment can take up to two hours. You’ll be getting the same level of expert service as you would in branch, or over the phone.
- All you need is a quiet space, a computer or tablet with a video camera, and a broadband connection.
- Using 4G or 3G mobile may reduce the quality of the service, and your mobile data provider may charge you for the data use.
- If you prefer not to be on camera, that’s fine, you can simply turn your camera off.