Register your mobile
Once you've downloaded the app, you'll need to register your device.
How to register your device
What do I need?
Before you register, make sure you have:
- A device running iOS or Android. The app is not compatible with some older versions of the operating systems – check the App Store or Google Play for more details.
- Data access on your device (either Wi-Fi or cellular).
- An Apple App Store or Google Play account.
- A Halifax Online Banking username and password.
- An up-to-date phone number that you’ve registered with us in Online Banking, so we can reach you while you register your device.
Please note, you’ll no longer be able to use the app if we think the device you’re using has been jailbroken or rooted. You’ll still be able to access Mobile Banking through your mobile browser. Jailbreaking and rooting, removes safeguards from your phone which can leave your device vulnerable to fraudulent attacks.
How do I register my device?
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and enter your Online Banking username and password. You’ll be asked for 3 characters from your memorable information.
- Next, for security, we’ll call one of your registered phone numbers to check it’s you. We recommend you take the call in a quiet place away from background noise, so we can hear you clearly:
- Select the phone number we should call you on, and make a note of the 4-digit code shown on your screen.
- When you get our automated call, follow the instructions and enter the 4-digit code using the phone keypad.
- There are just a couple of other quick settings we’ll ask for:
- How quickly you’d like to be signed out of the app when your device is inactive.
- Whether we can use your location, such as when you want to find the nearest Halifax branch or cash machine.
We don't charge you for Mobile Banking but your mobile operator may charge you for certain services (such as downloading or using the app), so please check with them. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality.
In order to use the mobile app, you will need a device running iOS or Android. The app is not compatible with some older versions of the operating systems – check the App Store or Google Play for more details. Internet Banking registration is required. Terms and conditions apply.
Android/Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.