Replacing your cards & PINs
You can request a replacement card or new PIN if:
- there’s a problem with your card or PIN
- you’ve forgotten your PIN
- you’d like to go contactless on your debit card or credit card.
We’ll send your replacement card or PIN by post, within 5-7 working days. Contactless enabled cards will be sent for all eligible accounts.
Lost or stolen card? Report your card as lost or stolen and we’ll cancel it and send you a replacement.
Request a replacement card or PIN
If you're registered for Online Banking you can request a replacement card or PIN by signing in and completing our online form. Or you can find it in the menu of your Halifax Mobile Banking app.
If you'd prefer, you can call us to request a replacement:
- For a debit card and/or PIN - call 0345 720 3040 (Lines open 7am - 11pm, seven days a week). If you're calling from abroad or would prefer not to use the 0345 number, call us on +44 (0)113 242 1984.
- For a credit card and/or PIN - call 0345 944 4555 (Lines open 7am - 11pm, seven days a week). If you're calling from abroad or would prefer not to use the 0345 number, call us on +44 (0) 1733 573 189.
Or you can visit your nearest branch.
Please note that for security purposes, we cannot provide your PIN details over the phone.