Stay up to date with mobile app notifications
Helping you stay in control
Activate mobile app notifications, and we will send you notifications based on your account activity and preferences, including:
- Smart Alerts - See when money is paid in or out, and receive reminders and insights for your regular payments
- Purchase Alerts - An instant alert each time you use your debit card
- Spending summary - A weekly round up of what you have spent on your debit card
- Credit Card Alerts – Updates to help you keep on top of your account activity
- Cashback Extras - Stay up to date and get reminders on new and expiring Cashback Extras
We may also need to send you a notification to check it’s you when shopping online.
Download our mobile banking app to use this service.
How to activate mobile notifications
Some important things to bear in mind:
- To receive notifications, you’ll have to have to have data enabled. This also means that when you’re abroad, you’ll only receive notifications if you have roaming enabled, or when you connect to Wi-Fi. Your mobile network may charge you for roaming services, so please check with them.
- If you decide you no longer want to receive notifications, you can switch some or all of them off in the app. We’ll send you the notifications you’ve chosen to activate and we might occasionally send you service information. We won’t use notifications for marketing messages.
- If you delete and reinstall the app, or switch to a different device, you’ll need to enable notifications again.
Mobile notifications - frequently asked questions
These are called push notifications. You get them on your mobile phone or tablet. They come from the app to tell you something about your money or your account.
To get notifications, your device needs to be connected to the internet.
Type ‘notifications’ into the search bar at the top of the page in the app. Then select ‘notification preferences’.
If you prefer, you can tap the icon in the top right hand corner of the home page in the app. Then select 'Settings'. Then select 'Notifications' from the list.
Sometimes we have to send you important texts and emails even if you have told us you don’t want push notifications.
It’s quick and easy to select the types of notifications you want to get. For example, we can tell you when money comes in or goes out of your account, or when you make a purchase on your debit card.
You can find out more on the notifications page in the app.
If you are new to the app or change your device, you'll need to enable notifications again.
To do this, you'll need to toggle on notifications in the app and on your phone.
If you need help with this, view the notifications page in the app. Just turn on the notifications you want, and if your device settings aren’t turned on, we’ll show you how to do it.